cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go AMA panel

la_reina
Protege

Hi everyone! I’m Reina Shah and I currently manage Entertainment content at Oculus. Prior to joining Oculus, I spent 10 years in gaming- from financing FB and mobile game companies, to user acquisition for social and mobile titles, and most recently I managed BD for Unity’s Cloud Services division. 

Fun Fact: I’ve completed at least one hike in 46 different countries. 
Twitter: @reina_shah

###

Hello all! I’m Gabor Szauer, I'm a developer relations engineer at Oculus. I support developers targeting mobile platforms like Gear VR and Oculus Go. If you have technical or performance related questions, I’m the guy. In my spare time, I also make video games and have written several publications for game development.

Fun fact: Gabor collects novelty USB drives
Twitter: @gszauer

###

We’re ready to answer any and all of your questions about developing for our newest device – Oculus Go! Quick note that there is a slight delay on our forums. Please only submit your questions *once*.

128 REPLIES 128

icampomanes
Honored Guest
Hi! I've just uploaded my game and it has been approved "keys only". What are the steps to be able to convert my game into the Oculus Store? Who should I address so I can know what are the changes I should make? Thank you!

sleepermma
Explorer
Are there any plans to update Oculus Avatar to work on the newer versions of UE?

jmd01
Honored Guest
Does the Oculus Go support connectivity to Bluetooth peripherals other than the controller?

VRJSS
Honored Guest
Is there a seperate SDK for Go or are dev spec.s identical to Gear VR?

VRJSS
Honored Guest
Is there a seperate SDK for Go or are dev requirements identical to Gear VR?

la_reina
Protege
@robenghuse
Reina: WebVR is designed to provide lightweight experiences that can be distributed broadly. And right now, most don't meet the performance requirements for Store inclusion. We're focused on native apps for now, but as VR gets more popular, and WebVR use grows, we'll keep an eye on this. You should definitely reach out to our WebVR team though! Always welcome feedback: webvr@oculus.com

la_reina
Protege
@aweidenhammer
Gabor: Thank you for flagging this. I have not seen anyone have issues with the provided driver, but we will look into it.

la_reina
Protege
@ki7a
Reina: Sorry to hear that! Please complete this form with all details and our team will get back to you https://developer.oculus.com/contact/

la_reina
Protege
@VRGEN
Reina: Oculus Go is currently designed for people 13 years and older. When we joined Facebook, we decided to implement consistent age limits. In time these could change, but right now we’re focused on an amazing experience in the first consumer version of Oculus Go.

RJdoesVR
Protege
Thanks for doing this AMA! I've been developing a multiplayer title for mobile VR since last fall, and was accepted into the Oculus Start program a few months ago. 

I want to test out some Oculus Go features on my game but I know Start members are to receive hardware somewhat soon. I have to admit it's a little tempting seeing them on shelves at Best Buy ready for consumers already. (and it was a little hard seeing all the people at F8 getting them already too)

I was curious if, like on GearVR, it's possible to have a bluetooth controller AND the Go controller both connected at the same time? And can the Go "cast" to a Chromecast?