cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go AMA panel

la_reina
Protege

Hi everyone! I’m Reina Shah and I currently manage Entertainment content at Oculus. Prior to joining Oculus, I spent 10 years in gaming- from financing FB and mobile game companies, to user acquisition for social and mobile titles, and most recently I managed BD for Unity’s Cloud Services division. 

Fun Fact: I’ve completed at least one hike in 46 different countries. 
Twitter: @reina_shah

###

Hello all! I’m Gabor Szauer, I'm a developer relations engineer at Oculus. I support developers targeting mobile platforms like Gear VR and Oculus Go. If you have technical or performance related questions, I’m the guy. In my spare time, I also make video games and have written several publications for game development.

Fun fact: Gabor collects novelty USB drives
Twitter: @gszauer

###

We’re ready to answer any and all of your questions about developing for our newest device – Oculus Go! Quick note that there is a slight delay on our forums. Please only submit your questions *once*.

128 REPLIES 128

nk126
Honored Guest
Hi! My GO just arrived a few hours ago. So excited to have low cost standalone VR actually available!

Two questions:
1. Will you offer white-label support to developers for local content distribution without connecting to the Oculus store? I'm working on a health application and we'd really like to get users into our apps as easily as possible. Our early testers were confused and put off by navigating the "advertisements" on the Oculus home using GearVR. 

2. Why no focus wheel on GO? Also, the 

FabiClawZ
Honored Guest
When it comes to game development are you able to go into detail about the computing power that is to be expected e.g. will it just barely run dynamic content (games) or what graphic fidelity to you expect to be achievable ? Also what tracking options are available for the headset and its controllers ?

Also: is there a way planned that enables external video feed onto the screens without any big protocol overhead?

eisen06
Honored Guest
Hello. Why you dont send dev kits to Turkey ?  Please add Turkey.

la_reina
Protege
@eisen06
Reina: We try to make our products and dev kits available everywhere where we can. Our compliance and export teams are continually working to make Oculus Go available for purchase around the world. Stay tuned!

diegurrio
Explorer
Hi Oculus,
Have you considered adding $0 purchases? This will allow developers to keep track of free entitlements or give away items during a sale.

pekayatt
Expert Protege
The Oculus Home (Dash) will be the same for Oculus Go and GearVR?

superheavymetal
Explorer
i'm looking for video or text training so i can develop specifically on the go. i already have a few video courses from udemy for the card board and all the unity resources but i'm trying to get a safe program from my pc to the go asap. my only experience is a little basic and python and ruby(ish) but i don't want to waste anyone's time in a developer program because i learn a my own pace.
windows pc, oculus go, udemy cardboard tutorials, forum, virtual freedom.
twitter: 

E 001

@Super_H_M_D_

Florian.BRINK
Protege
Hi there, in order to make adb deployment easier, is there any way to make the Oculus Go IP address static? And where can the Oculus Go IP address be found? The information provided here is not correct. The IP address can not be found in "About -> Status".

devPuppy
Explorer
When moving a Rift game over to the GO platform what are the things which provide the greatest performance improvements (in Unity) in your experience?

la_reina
Protege
@Brainlogin
Gabor: Head to https://dashboard.oculus.com and select “Manage Build” for the app you would like to review. Select the second step in the app submission process titled “Specs.” Review the list of “supported input devices for this app” section to confirm if your app is Oculus Go ready. If your app is not Oculus Go ready, this section will provide the information needed to update your app for the new hardware.