cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Checkup Stuck in Review

thearperson
Explorer

Hi there,

I'm trying to integrate the new Meta Avatar system for my game. However my procedure of data check is taking forever for me.

Has anyone ran into similar situations? Or if anyone at Meta saw this, can you please help/advise? Thanks!

meta_data_checkup.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

Zzwei
Protege

Has any progress been made my friend

pro_zac
Heroic Explorer

File a support ticket through the "contact us" link on this page:

https://developer.oculus.com/support/

They'll need your app id to look into it.

LanguageBug
Explorer

My app has been in stuck in the "Data Use Checkup" review for at least a month now.  I wanted to add IAPs, and the code to implement them was written weeks ago, but surprisingly I'm still waiting for the thumbs-up from Oculus.  I'm not US-based though, so possibly that means I wouldn't be a priority.

LittleUtah
Explorer

We are U.S. based, and our app has been stuck in review for over 4 months and counting. We had to change our business model without IAPs. Any progress for any of you?

LanguageBug
Explorer

@LittleUtah   Yes indeed, I contacted Oculus support around the time I posted my message above, and they told me that I needed to actually submit a new build in order to trigger processing of the Data Use Checkup, so I did that, and magically the Data Use Checkup was passed.

That is amazing news, we will try that. We are running into an issue though, we can't submit a new build for review unless it is in "draft state". We try to submit a new build for review, but we get the warning, "Your latest build on your production channel is not in draft state. Only draft builds can be submitted for review." We can't upload a "draft state" build to the website, because we have to use the Oculus Developer Hub, and when we upload, it goes straight to published live. We aren't sure how to get a "draft state" new build of the app on the site to submit for review. Did you run into this problem?

I seem to recall having to jump through a few new hoops in order to got my build submitted, but it was a few of months ago now, so I don't recall exactly what I did.  Certainly the problem you're describing sounds vaguely familiar...  These days it seems to be a different drill every time you upload anything to any app store, but I'm sure you'll work it out.

pro_zac
Heroic Explorer

I could be wrong, but it sounds like you need to create a new submission before uploading the build. Go to "App Submissions" and click the "Create New" button in the top right. 

Also note that in addition to using ODH, you can upload builds from the command line.

https://developer.oculus.com/resources/publish-reference-platform-command-line-utility/

HorangX
Honored Guest

I faced the same problem.
'Revoked' and 'In Review' are in progress together, so I can't opt out, nor can I apply for a review again. The app is in a stopped state.😫