cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer Hub ADB issues

RUFFENSTEINT
Level 2

Hello,

I have been trying for the past week on and off to get my Quest 2 able to do some VR dev, I have watched multiple videos and ran through the process of install/uninstalling blah blah. I cannot find anybody else with this problem, I have all the correct installs, everything connects fine it recognizes my headset and runs as expected... Until ODH decides to open up endless adb.exe and commands under taskmanager ultimately freezing my PC up.

RUFFENSTEINT_0-1638843621160.png

This leads to me not being able to do any VR development at all using ODH. It will continue to open endless adb and command prompts all children of ODH. Disconnecting my headset via command prompt 'adb kill-server' removes all the excess process and I can restart the ODH app and try again... with the same results at varying intervals.

In the ODH log it will repeatedly say
"adb failed to connect to socket 'tcp:6666': Connection refused" shortly before going off rails and ultimately freezing my PC if I do not kill-server or kill ODH app.

Thanks in advanced!

4 REPLIES 4

pro_zac
Level 4

You may have conflicting adb versions installed. Report the issue from ODH using the "Report a Bug" button in the bottom left. This will provide logs to Oculus.

RUFFENSTEINT
Level 2

Will do, in the meantime I completely removed all android sdk/ndk versions as well as any instances of adb.exe on my computer, reinstalled all of it -- same issue 😞 with only 1 adb installed.

RUFFENSTEINT
Level 2

Have been trying to get this working at least once a week, clean installs/reinstalls etc. Even the latest ODH update doesn't resolve my issue... Am I really the only person facing this, assumed, bug?

pro_zac
Level 4

Did you get any response from reporting the issue?

Have you checked that the correct adb path is listed under ODH Settings > General > ADB Path?