cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone verification

Xclf
Explorer
Hi, I want to verify my account to become a dev so I can sideload my Oculus quest 2, but when I go to dashboard.oculus/verify/ I only have to option to put in my credit card while the page says that it should be possible to activate my account with a phone number, I tried contacting oculus support but they advised me to contact the dev support.

(

Verify Your Oculus Developer Account

Please verify your account with one of these two options:

If you're an Oculus developer, you need to provide a payment method and/or phone number to help us establish your identity. If you remove this information, your account will no longer be verified.)

17 REPLIES 17

Xclf
Explorer
Alright I found the problem. If you merged your oculus account with your facebook account you don't see the option when I created a new account the option popped up for me.

PjotrVolkov
Explorer
But if I were to make a new facebook account with my identity then I would be in violation of their service right? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do i fix this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Without making a new account

NKCommander_N3
Honored Guest
I've the same problem and I also wanted to do this I already purchased Virtual Desktop and wanted to get sidequest, Costumer support has helped me through different menu's that do not exist if you didn't have a oculus account before... So they said to contact the developers on this page which you can't without a devoloper organisation... So yeah I hope this will get fixed soon

JeeWu
Honored Guest
I also have this exact problem.

I discussed it with customer support and we may have found a work around, but I have not yet been able to test this out as I'm not at home at the moment.

The idea is that when you create a new account on the Oculus website WITHOUT using facebook, you are able to verify with your Phone. Then you'll need to unpair your current quest glasses from your main account using the oculus app. Then re-link the quest with the newly created oculus account. This would merge your new oculus account (with developer verification) to your facebook account.

As I said, I didn't test this yet but according to the Oculus guy I talked to, this could maybe work.

SmegHead83
Explorer
Having the same issues. On my oculus account thats merged with my facebook I only see the Add credit card option. Adding a card gives and error all the time.
I made a new oculus account with another emailadres, went to the enable developer mode page and then I
had the 2 options; credit card and two-way verification by phone.

I deleted the Quest 2 from my first account, did a factory reset but when I logged in with the app
I received the message that the Quest is allready linked with a facebook account.
Unlinking the quest from facebook means that you LOOSE all apps and things that you bought with this account!!!

I'm 1 inch away from returning my Quest 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
As far as I can understand from support, all new oculus accounts must have an associated facebook account. Only previous users had the possibility to have both separated and the option of merging them. That option will end in 2 years though. I'm not getting the phone verification option and the credit card one returns an error. Can anyone in Oculus Support be so kind to solve this!

SmegHead83
Explorer

Having the same issues. On my oculus account thats merged with my facebook I only see the Add credit card option. Adding a card gives and error all the time.
I made a new oculus account with another emailadres, went to the enable developer mode page and then I
had the 2 options; credit card and two-way verification by phone.

I deleted the Quest 2 from my first account, did a factory reset but when I logged in with the app
I received the message that the Quest is allready linked with a facebook account.
Unlinking the quest from facebook means that you LOOSE all apps and things that you bought with this account!!!

I'm 1 inch away from returning my Quest 2

How do you create a new oculus account without merging facebook?

Just go to the oculus website (first clear browser, cookies,ect..), you have the option to login with FB or to register
a oculus account. Register with oculus account (use different emailacc. ofcourse).
Head to dashboard.oculus.com/verify/ , you should have 2 options now.
After all of this you can merge your ocolus account with FB.
You will need to unlink your first account, sign in with old account and go to secure.oculus.com/my/privacy/
scroll to the bottom to delete your Oculus data (all apps, games, ect you bought will be lost)