cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store upload - "Platform abandonnned"

KTMVRlemploi
Honored Guest

Hello,

I'm trying to upload an apk to the store for the Quest but I'm always getting a message "Platform abandoned" (translated from French) :

KTMVRlemploi_0-1616157605858.png

I tried to modify the manifest to get around that but no change in the signature seems to do the trick...

Also, as an information in case of interest, my app is also referenced as for "mobile phone" but I don't know why it went this way (it is intended for the Quest), neither how to change that...

Anyone knows what that means and what parameter I should change to get over that error ?

Thanks for you help.

3 REPLIES 3

KTMVRlemploi
Honored Guest

@Oculus team : do you take into account requests done on this forum ? Or is there any other way to get official assistance ?
I am blocked for 3 weeks on a standard step of store uploading (for which I therefore assume that the "right answer" would come from official support) and got no answer yet.
Am I being impatient and should I just wait more because this is just a matter of time processing my message or is this post just a bottle at the sea with random hope of finding proper assistance ?

saberprivateer
Oculus Staff

Howdy. I imagine a couple of possibilities:

1. If your app hasn't been approved for the store you may need to launch it as an App Lab app. Go to your dashboard, My Apps, and click on "Create New App" and select Quest (App Lab).

2. If your app is large you may need to use the CLI to upload it.

Still having problems? I'd recommend submitting a support ticket.

sethwklein
Explorer

I hit the same error, but in English:

> Error
> Platform discontinued
> This platform is discontinued. Please contact Oculus support.

Thinking it was talking about the platform set in the APK, I searched around for quite a bit but finally found this way to check:

aapt dump xmltree example.apk AndroidManifest.xml | grep -C 1 supported

For me, it returned:

E: meta-data (line=83)
A: android:name(0x01010003)="com.oculus.supportedDevices" (Raw: "com.oculus.supportedDevices")
A: android:value(0x01010024)="quest|quest2" (Raw: "quest|quest2")

If you see that, you're good there and the problem is elsewhere.

The post by @saberprivateer provided the hint. If it says "Mobile", that won't work. You need one that says "Quest (App Lab)". I don't see any way to change it, so I created a new one following the procedure in @saberprivateer 's post. I was able to use the same app identifier (like com.example.App) in the new one, but do be aware that you only get one chance to use the same app identifier. If you delete and recreate the new one, the app identifier will still be in use, and you won't be able to undelete, so you'll have to pick a new app identifier as far as I know.

Hope that saves the next person some time.