cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partnering with a game.

batmanmini
Honored Guest

I'm a 14 year old who has no experience in videogame coding at all, and I was wondering if I could find someone who is willing to mentor me and help me make a decent games, if this is possible.

3 REPLIES 3

TAIC_Dev
Explorer

Its great that you want to start working on game development - I would suggest you start with some simple tutorials on Youtube.
Depending on which engine you want to use there are plenty of very good tutorials available. Get yourself familiar with the basics of the engine you chose and start playing around with it. Do some super simple games like Pong, Flappy Bird etc to get a feeling for it.
Do not start with 3D or VR games - you can do it but it will probably overwhelm you and you will loose motivation. 
And for mentoring I would highly recommend looking out for some discord communities (Game Dev League or Game Dev Network) - usually you will find people willing to help you there - either in text or speech. And those communities are WAY more active then this forum here.

JeffNik
MVP
MVP

I wouldn't mind taking a few evenings and walking you through getting started with Quest 2 programming in Unity to make a simple game. Let me know if you are still interested. Is Discord an easy way to connect for you?

That would be nice. I do have discord, but something I just thought of wad I don't have a computer to code with. If we could keep in touch until then, that would be great.