Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90's vr games ?

jim1174
Protege
We really need some 90's vr games for the rift. if some company can release
old Atari 2600 games for PC  I am sure it wouldn't be to hard to release some
old virtuality games for the rift and vive. i still remember paying $5 to play Dactyl Nightmare.   
2 REPLIES 2

falken76
Expert Consultant
Someone made Dactyl Nightmare for the rift.  I saw it on this forums a while back.

DarkTenka
Trustee

falken76 said:

Someone made Dactyl Nightmare for the rift.  I saw it on this forums a while back.

Yes, it's called Polygon Nightmare, it's on the Oculus Home Store for Free. Though it's probably more of an homage to the original without being a complete game itself. That is, you can explore the environment, shoot really bad AI dudes and get eaten by the Dactyl but you can also shoot a few objects to access some promotional/nostalgia content including a news/review footage of the original taken in the 90's.

Other than that though, you have a "score" and can kill enemies to increase your score but theres no real win/loss sequence and as such it feels more like a display piece than an actual game. There is a hidden easter egg that you can find though.

It's still pretty neat though, plenty nostalgic, and its free .. so what you got to lose?