RuneSR2
Level 16

Trailer looks great, but the game won't launch before sometime in 2020:

sc6n8u.jpg

sc6n8v.jpg

sc6n8s.jpg

sc6n8r.jpg

sc6n8t.jpg

     

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

5 REPLIES 5

bigmike20vt
Level 14
looks great, AS is a fantastic game and has been well supported since launch so this is one I shall look forward too.

cross platform MP as well.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RuneSR2
Level 16

looks great, AS is a fantastic game and has been well supported since launch so this is one I shall look forward too.

cross platform MP as well.

Agreed, I think that AS still holds the position as the 2nd or 3rd most popular multiplayer VR game on Steam. And it's high up on the singleplayer list too - I consider AS one of the best VR games.
Using the Index it's clear that the devs used great textures for the gen1 hmds, but gen2 reveals all details and now AS doesn't look quite as awesome. So requirements for texture quality have increased for gen2, but I'm sure devs will get it right for After the Fall. 

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB

MowTin
Level 11
Looks cool but I can't help comparing it to The Walking Dead. Of course I'll just get both. This one won't be around until 2020. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Spuzzum
Level 9
  • An Epic Multiplayer VR Shooter: Go solo or join forces in seamless co-op on a campaign through a post-apocalyptic, infested VR world from the creators of Arizona Sunshine
  • Hell Has Frozen Over: Discover, scavenge and survive the ice-covered and Snowbreed-infested ruins of a post-apocalyptic LA ground to a halt in an alternate 1980s
  • Larger-Than-Life Boss Fights: Survive unprecedented hordes, fight tactically to defeat Specials and think on your feet as you square off against awe-inspiring bosses
  • Craft Your Ultimate Loadout: Craft, upgrade and mod your gear, from armor and a huge array of guns, to melee weapons and ingenious combat devices
  • Discover Your Combat Style: Wield a huge variety of deadly weapons and devastating powers, from crowd-control to badass Snowbreed manipulation, all with real-life movements
  • The End is The Beginning: After completing the story campaign, venture out into a living world full of events, missions, and blood-pumping encounters
http://vertigo-games.com/portfolio/after-the-fall/

edit: Sign up for the beta...

https://www.afterthefall-vr.com/#beta

RuneSR2
Level 16

New gameplay trailer/intro - check out the great dynamic shadows:

More info here: 

https://www.roadtovr.com/after-the-fall-closer-look-combat-setting/