cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After the Fall not for Rift?

andyandiandy
Level 2

why can't i pre-order the game for the rift?

5 REPLIES 5

RuneSR2
Level 15

What would you gain from pre-ordering?

Usually there nothing to gain. I'm sure the game will arrive in the Rift Store and Steam when the game launches in December - and I'm sure they have enough copies, pre-ordered or not 😉

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

After The Fall is in the Rift store right now, but it is listed as "Coming Soon" on the buy button, so can't be bought yet.

So yes, it's going to be available on Rift.

@RuneSR2  "What would you gain from pre-ordering?"

From the store page:

Pre-order After the Fall® now!
• Get 10% discount
• Get the exclusive "Fwd to the Past” weapon skin

Still 2.5 weeks to get the preorder bonuses.

The Oculus blog says the game will be cross buy, so in theory you could buy the Quest version to get the Rift version too, but I'd be warry of that, the quest store page doesn't show the usual indicator for cross buy.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Ok, nice - I know we got stuff with Alyx and Saints and Sinners when pre-ordering, but with many other games pre-ordering often didn't make much difference. And maybe I should thank the OP - I just bought the game on Steam, and here you also get 10% off - in fact I just bought the Deluxe Edition - can you even buy the Deluxe Edition in the Oculus Store? 🤔 Seems you can only buy the launch edition in the Meta/Oculus Store. I just got this one 😀

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/23747/After_the_Fall__Deluxe_Edition/

ATF_20211110_PreOrder_Steam_Beauty_Deluxe_ESRB.jpg

Unavngivet.jpg

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

andyandiandy
Level 2

As is the case with Stride, which has been available for months to come. The game is available for purchase on Quest and Steam. Of course I'll get it from Steam, but I still think it's a shame that the Rift players are left behind. Such as. also with Resident Evil as an exclusive title for the quest.

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

@RuneSR2 wrote:

I just bought the game on Steam, and here you also get 10% off - in fact I just bought the Deluxe Edition - can you even buy the Deluxe Edition in the Oculus Store? 🤔 Seems you can only buy the launch edition in the Meta/Oculus Store. I just got this one 😀

Of course the downside to buying the Steam version is no cross buy, so no free Quest 2 native version.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2