cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angry Birds VR: Isle of Pigs has just arrived in the Oculus Store!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Looks fun - I haven't tried it yet:

https://youtu.be/mRte5h9yk60

Get it here - $15:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/2465382086809441

More info here:

https://www.resolutiongames.com/angry-birds-vr-isle-of-pigs

- and a review:

https://youtu.be/e6AiGBnCTDA

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

30 REPLIES 30

FastForward352
Heroic Explorer
This is a great news ! I'm a big fan of Angry Birds, I spent and still spend hours on my phone since they exist everytime I have to wait for something, but I'll wait for a sale for this one since I'm a bit afraid it's too short in my taste.
Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

Techy111
MVP
MVP
+1 What he said ^
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
It's just a 209 MB download  :# - that's $1 per 14 MB, feels like I've be cheated, again  :'(  

Still can't forget when I got 43 GB for $5, $1 per 8600 MB,those where the days - thanks, Dirt!  o:)

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Anonymous
Not applicable
PD has 5 Steam keys from the devs and is doing a giveaway. Just like and comment on his video and you'll be included in the draw.

I'm going to be all over this game, Angry Birds is awesome. Also reminds me of my mate Dave Barry who tragically passed away a few years ago. He loved playing it on my phone when it first came out because he loved the sound effects. Shame he's not here to experience the wonders of VR, he would have been truly amazed at it all.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
How does this compare to VR Furballs?  Thanks.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
5qlyysg6hswz.jpg

It's a great game, highly polished, I get solid 90 fps using super sampling 2.0 - so you don't need a fast video card for this game, it should work flawlessly on a GTX 970 ss 1.0 (90 fps). There are no video settings in the game, so super sampling is your only option to greatly improve graphics. Graphics are nice, nothing spectacular, but perfectly fit the game. 

8izrfoa46n0r.jpg

The game is great fun - you can teleport to certain locations, so it's really 3D. The game isn't very hard, at least the first 20 levels are easy - great fun for kids too. Teleport means no nausea. This is the best Angry Birds game ever!

js7v4duogs0a.jpg

Just one major problem - the devs didn't support left-handed persons (I'm left-handed) - you're forced to hold the slingshot in your left hand. But I got used to that, still can't believe the devs overlooked such a major error. 

It's a 4/5 or 5/5 game - maybe 4/5 until I can hold the slingshot in my right hand and pull some birds with my left hand  B)  

Digikid1
Consultant
What did the right-handed guy say to the left handed guy?  No one is perfect. 😜 LOL

Looks like a lot of fun but it’s a little expensive for what it is. Will wait for a sale. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Complaining really works B)

9rsbupt3hnwz.jpg

Especially if you do it twice :blush: 

f0kb33yyvop4.jpg

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

TomCgcmfc said:

How does this compare to VR Furballs?  Thanks.

Well since no one  would share/compare I ended up buying both.  I finished VR Angry Birds in ~1.5 hours (mostly 3-stars) and it was a lot of fun but I doubt it's going to have much re-playability for me.  Maybe there will be some nice updates to it later.

I just started playing Furballs (also from Oculus Store) and this is a lot of fun too.  A bit more complex than AB so I am still figuring out what does what to whom, lol!  

Overall, I'm glad I bought both.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers