cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone want to play for real money?

AaronVR15
Level 2
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in playing for real money?  Nothing crazy but just like a 20$ to 60$ buy in. A couple of my friends did the regular pokerstars and a zoom call and it worked great but now with the VR I think it will be a lot of fun. 
7 REPLIES 7

PITTCANNA
Level 12

AaronVR15 said:

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in playing for real money?  Nothing crazy but just like a 20$ to 60$ buy in. A couple of my friends did the regular pokerstars and a zoom call and it worked great but now with the VR I think it will be a lot of fun. 


I think this is against the quest tos, and definitely against facebook.

Richooal
Level 12

PITTCANNA said:

, and definitely against facebook.



What? Facebook doesn't like making money?
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

PITTCANNA
Level 12

Richooal said:


PITTCANNA said:

, and definitely against facebook.



What? Facebook doesn't like making money?


Gambling without a permit is a crime.

Richooal
Level 12

PITTCANNA said:


Richooal said:


PITTCANNA said:

, and definitely against facebook.



What? Facebook doesn't like making money?


Gambling without a permit is a crime.


Really? What suppressed country are you talking about? You can't just say it's a crime, not all countries have the same rules. It's definitely NOT a crime where I live. I'll bet you're wrong.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

PITTCANNA
Level 12
ix7p34zcplea.jpg
section 33, and section 37.

Richooal
Level 12
Thanks for clarifying.

fh6wg16k7t57.jpg

So firstly you're talking about UK laws and regulations. Oculus products are sold into many different countries and each have their own laws and regulations. UK law doesn't affect how I use my device.

Secondly, as I suspected, the law you refer to is for "regulating the provision of gaming facilities, lotteries and gambling premises". This wouldn't affect 2 people privately playing a game for a monetary prize. People do it all the time.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

AaronVR15
Level 2
Not trying to break any laws and I thought as long as you don't take a rake, it was legal. Not talking about opening a casino, just 8 people that want to play on weekends virtually. Anyways if interested, please friend me.