cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arizona Sunshine to get full locomotion + New game mode

mambo1888
Rising Star
Just completed this the other day, but its one il definitely play through a couple more times at least, although after reading this I might have to wait for the update.

http://uploadvr.com/arizona-sunshine-locomotion-update/

And also possibly a new Multiplayer themed mode base in the Las Vegas strip...

http://uploadvr.com/arizona-sunshine-undead-valley-ces/
60 REPLIES 60

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Made this post in another thread too - but since this is about a specific game, I'll add a copy to this thread. This post is about experiencing Arizona Sunshine using Rift CV1 ss 2.0 and a RTX 3090:

Another game that TOTALLY SHINES with the RTX 3090 and the Rift CV1 ss 2.0 is:

- the physics are still hard to beat - and the awesome HDR lighting - and the impressive dynamics shadows - and the cloth animation etc:

Last night had one of the best VR experiences in months, maybe nearly a year - with Arizona Sunshine.

Even with the heavily oc'ed GTX 1080 I had to reduce graphics settings, like shadows and view distance - and still got 45 fps (but ASW 2.0). 

Now with the RTX 3090 I could max out ALL settings, for example going from view distance 80 to 200, and still I got solid 90 fps - and that's with CV1 ss 2.0 (17 mill pixels per image). 

This game was made for 1st gen oled hmds, and it looks really bad with lcd (Index), where jaggies are everywhere. With CV1 ss 2.0 you can still see some jaggies, but it's *much* less disturbing that using lcd. Also lcd ruins the immersion by showing many texture shortcomings, like the 2D thorns on the cactus plants - these need some CV1 SDE make-up to look great. Furthermore, in the dark mines, this game shines with oled. HDR effects are stunning, maybe never seen better even in Alyx, really got close to blinded by the light when walking through a dark mine and then suddenly staring into some light. 

Thanks to the RTX 3090, I can finally experience the game in all the glory that the CV1 can provide. This is one of the greatest PCVR games with all settings maxed - as I hope these PCVR shots are able to communicate - but remember to use the right hmd 😉

Arizona-Sunshine-2.jpg

141915-games-review-official-arizona-sunshine-image1-malnoz0gzk.jpg

ss_6245664dc1ef110b4b4b811be87dd26b43c2a5d3.1920x1080.jpg

ss_6148caed4c7463a0db38017a78f151dd416c8389.1920x1080.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"