cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arktika.1 scale fix

idk31
Explorer
Just wanted to point out something I made that can improve Arktika.1 for a lot of players. It reduces the world size and lets you set your height from the floor for seated play. There's also now a crouch button to pick up fallen weapons from the floor easier. And because I wanted it, a fast forward button and 2 slow-motion settings for bullet-time play. It's like you're playing Super Hot. Oh and a freecam because I like to look at everything up close. It's not quite free roam, but close. It's too easy to miss everything hopping around the teleport nodes.

MOD LINK

So, what you do is start the game and this exe. Press spacebar to activate the mod then press the indicated controls for what you want to do. Scale is automatically reduced to 85%. No more huge hands or crazy world scale!
15 REPLIES 15

idk31
Explorer
If you're worried about this strange EXE file, here's a post on Reddit where some people have had success. There's also another version of the mod as a Cheat Engine script so you know exactly what you're getting.

Xboxmember1978
Expert Protege
Definitely going to give it a try. I'll post back soon

Edit:
Follow the instructions and tried it multiple times but absolutely nothing happens

idk31
Explorer

Definitely going to give it a try. I'll post back soon

Edit:
Follow the instructions and tried it multiple times but absolutely nothing happens

Really? Dang. Both programs open and spacebar pressed? Did the "??" change to 0.85? 

Ravenger
Expert Protege
This worked great for me, thanks!. I wish the developer would take this on board. 85% scale seems to be perfect.

Xboxmember1978
Expert Protege
When I start the game and then go back to the desktop and have the game lowered and start your mod, I press the spacebar and the "spacebar" and "Activate Mod" light's up green for a second but the ?? doesn't change at all

MadMax1998
Adventurer
Wow! I'm getting back into Arktika.1 these days, finishing the game which I bought last year, and I just found this! This is great work (if it works), I've been hoping for someone to find a scale fix. I will report back after testing this.

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I never finished this game. I started playing again. I'll try this fix.
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

MadMax1998
Adventurer
This is freaking AWESOME! It just works! And it is a perfect fix for the glaring scaling problem! I can't believe that you got this to work. HOW did you do it?

I was starting to get used to the big scale when playing longer, but today, after playing at 85% for half a mission and switching back and forth between that and 100%, I started to notice how immensely big everything is at the game's native scale. Like, once you see the proper scale for a few minutes, it becomes all the more apparent how huge the game looks normally.

I eventually settled at 80% which seems to perfectly match the size of my hands, the floor height, and the scale of furniture to my real world perception.

THANK YOU for making this patch/mod/trainer, and if you'd like to explain how you did it I'd be all ears, having made patches myself in the past.

By the way, here is my small contribution (again, from last year) to the Arktika.1 fans; might as well link it here so we all can get the best experience out of this game.

idk31
Explorer

THANK YOU for making this patch/mod/trainer, and if you'd like to explain how you did it I'd be all ears, having made patches myself in the past.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad it worked for you!
This mod works by changing the IPD setting and position scaling. It took 3 weeks to figure out what, where, how in Cheat Engine. I didn't know what I was looking for. I tried several things like measuring the pixel distance between the left and right camera. Seeing if I could change it. Eventually, I hit on the answer with a variation of my IPD--63mm. I discovered two values stored as half my IPD in meters. In my case, plus and minus 0.0315. Changing them changed the perceived world size, but I would no longer move 1 to 1 with the game world. With much trial and error I found three 1s together that made up XYZ position scale. I found a formula to scale this number with the IPD I was telling it that felt natural. I used knowledge from my freecam making (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682947327) to create the necessary Cheat Engine script and then pack it into a trainer. 

I'll take a look at your config settings to clear up the blur. Now, it'll be perfect 😃