cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOXVR - Bug tracker and Feature Requests

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear BOXVR Users

Please use this thread to post any bugs and/or feature requests for BOXVR.
The FitXR team will be following up on this thread regularly. 
66 REPLIES 66

Anonymous
Not applicable
PROGRAM WILL NOT START

agi2002
Honored Guest
This program will not start for me either. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing comes up, it just freezes, I haven't been able to play this game. 

christopherjace
Honored Guest
Made a playlist.  The second song had no targets whatsoever.  The music just played, but nothing ever showed up on screen.  Deleted playlist and created new playlist that had only the one song.  Same issue.  Changed difficulty in the hopes of having the music re-analyzed, but it never re-analyzed.  Showed 100%, and still no targets when played.  Quit and relaunched.  Still no luck.  There is seemingly no way to get this song to play with actual targets.  The same song worked just fine every time prior to the update.

Everborn128
Explorer
Me & my wife keep running into issues where the screen will blink, flicker & sometimes just go black? We can't seem to get through any of the longer workouts without a trackin issue either. I don't have any issues on any other games either, can play for hours with no problems. Is this due to being early access game or is no one else having these issues and it's just me? I have 3 sensors, fresh batteries in the touch controllers, everything is updated.

Everborn128
Explorer
I noticed these high scores are 3,000,000+ I just did survive for 30 min strait & got 350k & I'm a fit guy. There's no way someone can get 3 million in one sitting lol. Are people pausing.. Resting and continueing since you can resume from that score? Why don't you add something so if the game is paused THAT score can't be on the high score board, only personal score. Those are BS scores that people are trying to beat without CHEATING by pausing.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear BoxVR Team,

while you created a fitness game most people play it as a "music-fitness" game using their own music. It is an important and good feature that we can import our own music. Per example I will not buy Beat Saber VR because it has only 10 music-tracks with around 2 minutes each (and I do not like the music at all there).

But look on how well Beat Saber gots received despite the very low number of tracks. Other games would have been torn apart for "20 minutes of gameplay" so to say.

What makes Beat Saber so well received is - among other things - the cool looking environment / the level design (and it has only one). Other then that it is very similar to BoxVR only that you slash with a lightsword instead of boxing in a specific direction.

What BoxVR needs is a better "music-stage". People are using the galaxy-tunnel (or what its name is) but it does not look very good. IT is okay but it is far away from such a cool environment Beat Saber or Airtone has, even Audioshield or Holodance has much cooler stages.

So I would urge to create a better music stage with a spacy leveldesign. The gym for "training" is already good.

Another difficulty level that is even harder then the hard one would be good as well - at least for your own music.

The possability to have some influence on the created beatmaps would be nice as well but even if the automatically generated beatmaps are not so good as handmade beatmaps I am quite happy with the generated beatmaps of BoxVR - far better then the ones from Audioshield.

I really would say a cool environment to play it as "own-music-fitness" game would be really important so it does not look so cheap anymore and the experience gets enhanced.

Best wishes and thank you for creating BoxVR - it is my most used VR title.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Played the free demo a little and enjoy the boxing to the beat which gets you to time hits easy.
I only liked the Gym and Space Age backdrops and not at all the kids ones. Not sure why there's also a Space Age tunnel one.
I like that there's so many workouts but it's all only boxing. If you want to Train in a Gym then you missed the idea of simulated weight training areas e.g. repeat bar lifts, arm curls, bench press, squat jumps (burpees type) which could all work even if we don't have feet tracking. In fact you don't include a PUNCH BALL which is odd. So this is simply Guitar Hero with gloves!
I haven't yet tried multi-player but it only shown me the option to Create a Session. I don't know what exactly your idea of Multi-Player is but I really hope it involves a real Gym Experience where we can do group Circuit Training on different activities as gyms have OR THIS...
A proper Boxing Match between players in a faceoff style to avoid entangled cables. With added Training Mode.
Therefore the whole game has a further real purpose before we drop it from boredom!

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MA@MAC_MAN86

well, they never wanted to simulate a full gym but only a punching game with different rhythmic workouts - it is "not" called GymVR.. Apart from "lifting weights" a punching ball without resistance would be more like a gimmik.. The purpose of this game is another. This game is for many "the" go to game and as you can exercise with your "own music" to get a sweat per day - it will not get broing at all. The space tunnel is the scenery most users do use as it fits best for a "playful" experience with your own music. What is bad with Guitar Hero with gloves? Beat Saber is Guitar Hero with a lightaber. Both BoxVR and Beat Saber are one of the best rated and most fun games in VR + they give you a workout as well.

@Devs

p.s.: why is the game rated "Intense"? As you do not have any artificial locomotion, in fact you just stand and punch balls, the rating should be clearly "Comfortable". The workout may can be intense but that has nothing to do with the VR rating if it makes you VR-Sick or not.. It does not make VR-Sick in any way..

ProphetEquinox
Honored Guest
I've had BoxVR for a little over a week or so and I've been having a lot of fun with it as well as getting a good workout from it. But on May 3rd an update was released with the new futuristic area which looks great but the beats you hit bothered me a lot because every beat was the same color except for the ones you block which was red, everything else is orange or blue. I had gotten used to color reading so I kept confusing myself during fast parts of a song and overall the uppercuts and hooks just felt less responsive, I figured it wasn't my cup of tea so I went back to the standard new yourk gym area to use the normal beats, only to find to my dismay the futuristic beats had carried over. This must be a bug because on every area all the beats were replaced with the futuristic ones when it should be dots or presents and ornaments (for the christmas map). It made the game annoying to play as the one style of beats I didn't like was now everywhere. Please fix the stuck futuristic beats and also please color code the uppercuts and hooks.

MrPhatBob
Honored Guest
Not sure if its the upgrade or my equipment. But the gloves go out of sync: i.e. get stuck floating in the air, or don't follow my hand gestures. Battery level is good on the hand controllers, and I don't appear to see this in other games. It happened occasionally in the previous release, but this is now too glitchy to play.