cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Marble - my best Rift experience so far

Shockbolt
Explorer
*goosebumps*

I'm testing my way through the long list of Rift demos and so far, "Blue Marble: A journey into space" is by far the best Rift experience (demo), it literally gave me goosebumps and my head started spinning of possible scenarios this could be used for, such as a single survivor in an escape pod etc.

If you haven't tried it, stop reading and go find it! 😄
10 REPLIES 10

sven
Protege
It even has its own thread here. :oops:

magnetmannen
Honored Guest
if its so good, wheres the link 😉

Edit, ok i tryed it and its cool as hell, how do i watch other places in the known universe? and you should make a spacegame out of this, a chill game where you watch out of your ship while building and fighting in space.

jeffgoldwarf
Protege
"Shockbolt" wrote:
*goosebumps*

Why do you start every post with this? It's pointless and stupid and you're the only one on these forums who does it.

User was warned for this post by cybereality.

drash
Heroic Explorer
"jeffgoldwarf" wrote:
"Shockbolt" wrote:
*goosebumps*

Why do you start every post with this? It's pointless and stupid and you're the only one on these forums who does it.

I'm guessing he learned a long time ago that effectively communicating on the internet requires more information than can be conveyed via simple text, and took it upon himself to trailblaze a novel method of giving his posts that extra edge of context.

Be nicer!
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

MorbidDonkey
Heroic Explorer
"jeffgoldwarf" wrote:
"Shockbolt" wrote:
*goosebumps*

First off, it's not stupid. I appreciate that Shockbolt put in the extra effort to emphasize his emotions before writing a post and I hope he continues this.

Secondly, the OP was not about his trademark emotes and how we love or dislike them, it's about how much he enjoyed Blue Marble.

@Shockbolt: I didn't enjoy Blue Marble as much as I thought I would, it was pretty dark for me. The one that made me have that *goosebumps* moment was Ocean Rift. Unfortunately I am still working on getting my Rift legs, right now I am real sensitive and its annoying. I'll give Blue Marble another shot though!

@Jeffgoldwarf: First post and you insult one of the original devs on this forum? hmmm..
-: MorbidDonkey :- =================================== LOGISTICS - Oculus Prototype 1

Frito
Explorer
"jeffgoldwarf" wrote:
"Shockbolt" wrote:
*goosebumps*

lol :mrgreen:
Backer "Have faith." -Palmer Luckey

jojon
Honored Guest
Elcor Space VR Experience. :9

ebone260
Honored Guest
Loved this demo

erick
Honored Guest
"Shockbolt" wrote:
I'm testing my way through the long list of Rift demos and so far, "Blue Marble: A journey into space" is by far the best Rift experience (demo)

My Rift finally arrived yesterday and I've been trying to catch up as well. If you enjoyed Blue Marble (me too), you'll love Titans of Space by drash. Very humbling experience. If you have a Razer Hydra, I also recommend following his instructions for the positional tracking he included.

"jeffgoldwarf" wrote:

Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:34 pm

You actually signed up to dedicate your first and only post to abusing a contributing member. That kind of immaturity isn't useful to anyone. You should be embarrassed.

Also, he's already explained why he does it in prior posts. Personally, I find his style of posting unique, amusing, and well suited to his avatar.