cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boycott EPIC GAMES for suing of a 14 year old cheating gamer - frontline?

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/post/discussion/Click%20here

I personally am going to boycott EPIC now if they continue. People are always going to cheat. They just need to do better at stopping them and find some other way. Pretty sad from my point of view. But suing him.. ridiculous. 
I just look down on them

8dbghxoh4wdx.jpg
80 REPLIES 80

Snot_Shot
Expert Protege
Yup, I agree with you! Its almost the same as jailing criminals! Criminals will always commit crime, it is ridiculous jailing them! It is never their fault, it is always someone else fault! Police need to do better at stopping them!

Snot_Shot
Expert Protege
Me dealing with cheating scumbags regardless of age:
5ilupb3tq1wa.gif

Richooal
Consultant
Cheats need to be stopped in multiplayer games. They can fool themselves as much as they like in single player.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Didn't Epic end up doing this because the kid refused to take down his YouTube cheat tutorial when they asked him? seems like a legitimate request to me, and I don't quite get what the mother was saying in her argument about it being a free-to-play game therefore there was no loss of earnings involved, well she's right to stick up for him of course but she probably doesn't have a good argument.

Now if it was a full price game that also involved pay-to-win profiteering I'd be a bit more sympathetic, *cough* EA

elboffor
Consultant
Pfft
Ban him from the internet!
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Snot_Shot
Expert Protege

elboffor said:

Pfft
Ban him from the internet!

Send him to gulag!

kojack
MVP
MVP
Hmm, does Epic have a Patreon? I'd like to support them.
🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

@Log-a-Frog, this wasn't by any chance you was it?

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer

Richooal said:

Cheats need to be stopped in multiplayer games. They can fool themselves as much as they like in single player.

But suing them. A 14 year old.. come on.
And trying to take down his youtube channel.. come on.. that is not EPIC's right to dictate. 
All that will happen is that they will play on VPN's