cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brass Tactics - new life and an awesome experience with a high-end gpu (like the RTX 3070-3080-3090)

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Using the RTX 3090, Brass Tactics can be enjoyed in ways I've never thought was even possible. Using Rift CV1 ss 2.0 is now a piece of cake, and you will be able to push the res on the Quest 2 to maybe new heights. The Index has no trouble using SteamVR res 300% in this game even with Ultra graphics setting. 

With extreme levels of super sampling all jaggies are gone, and it feels like you can see clearly for miles, lol. 

Maybe some can remember that looking at 2D shots from a game could result in disappointments when trying the game due the SDE. As new lcd hmds have little SDE, when you really push super sampling to about 30 mill pixels per frame (both eyes included), the game in VR suddenly looks exactly like the 2D promo shots - like shown here:

CLICK TO ENLARGE AN IMAGE

Brass-Tactics-13.jpg

There will be dragons 😉

BlueForces.jpg

Great poly levels and nice textures

Hammer-03.jpg

I've just begun playing the singleplayer campaign, really looking forward to getting that hammer!

Campaign-21.jpg

Water looks beautiful in the game

Skirmish-05.jpg

Great model details

2.JPG

See more model details here - with 30 mill pixels per frame (both eyes included) 

Campaign-68.jpg

Large battles awaits - note that all units have great dynamic shadows - how many shadows can you count in this image? 😉

Campaign-06.jpg

With high resolution levels, even distant objects are sharp - and again nice shadows on every unit

Campaign-58.jpg

The game is from the makers of Age of Empires II - due to VR this is the best RTS I know of        

More info about the game here:

https://www.hiddenpath.com/game/brass-tactics/

Btw, I'm not the only one to recommend this utterly awesome game - here's a nice review reaching a rating of 90% - but I'm convinced that may be 95% with the res we can enjoy with modern hmds and gpus:

"While Brass Tactics doesn’t break new grounds in the RTS formula, it stands as the best of its kind in VR today. The overall design is simple and intuitive so that novice players can dip their feet in without trouble, yet provides enough depth to satisfy genre fans. With such accessibility alone, Brass Tactics sets a new standard for others to follow."

https://cogconnected.com/review/brass-tactics-review/

I wasn't happy with my performance in this game using my old GTX 1080 and i7 7700K (Rift CV1 ss 2.0), I'm so happy having saved this gem for years and to finally experience the game in all its glory. 

Get the game here:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1101975213197949/?locale=en_US

Note that this is no ordinary PCVR game, this game already has a massive 94 % average rating based on more than 750 ratings. I'm sure that ratings would be even higher with the graphics and performance possible today! 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

0 REPLIES 0