cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead and buried error

N0-one
Honored Guest
i'm having trouble with dead and buried every time i try to join anything other than shooting range i get a "could not join room try again later error" i've had it since last night where i managed to join a lobby briefly the first time i tried to join a game, before getting kicked back to the menu, anyone else have this issue?
38 REPLIES 38

vanfanel
Heroic Explorer

how do we see the error log?

thanks

There's an executable called "OculusLogGatherer.exe"  Run that and look at the AutoAnalysis...log file.  It's been over 12 hours for me and probably almost 24 hrs for others.  Can someone at oculus acknowledge that they're aware of this problem?

bigmike20vt
Visionary
thanks for the info, will do tonight if i get online..... the last part of your post is the most important.  i would like someone from oculus to post stating they ARE aware it is an issue for some people  and are working on it - better yet if they can confirm they have found the cause and are actually close to a fix.

my dread if Oculus just say my internet is not up to it, tough luck !.

so then @vanfanel  it HAS worked for you in the past then?
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

vanfanel
Heroic Explorer

so then @vanfanel  it HAS worked for you in the past then?

Yes, It was working fine until sometime yesterday.  I've sent a support ticket just to make sure someone over there sees it.  The error "Failed entitlement check..." looks to be the crux of the problem and rather curious.  Whatever validation process they're using is not working for some of us.  The only other time I've seen the error appear is for vive users using revive.  So that comes with a bit of irony that right now some vive users are playing oculus games while oculus owners are being blocked. 😕

cdmoore74
Protege
Same issues.  The gameplay is fine but joining matches is 50/50, it's a toss up if it works.

kevj23
Honored Guest
Mine was working up until about half an hour ago. Now I'm getting the same 'could not join room' error

lenne0815
Adventurer
Same here, FIX IT please !

GeraldEvans
Honored Guest
Uninstalled and reinstalled the game.  Still nothing and super frustrated.  Not that I can't play in the shooting gallery, but not being able to play with anyone else takes away a lot of the appeal.

Log attached.  Ignore the massive headache that was yesterday's battle with USB port compatibility.

Beefsock
Honored Guest
This absolutely needs to be fixed today. I've had Touch for 2 days now and this game is still broken for me. It is really bad that only some accounts are being locked out and others can play without issue.

vanfanel
Heroic Explorer
Can one of you right try logging out of your account in oculus home and logging back in to see if that works?  I doubt it but it's one thing I haven't tried and I'm not at home to try.

GtAwyFrmMyRamen
Adventurer

vanfanel said:

Can one of you right try logging out of your account in oculus home and logging back in to see if that works?  I doubt it but it's one thing I haven't tried and I'm not at home to try.

Just tried, doesn't work.