cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DiRT Rally 2.0 coming to the Rift summer 2019!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
No, I did not just make that up  😉

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/aogxw1/codemasters_listened_vr_coming_to_dirt_rally_20/

That was the easy part - Subnautica Below Zero is the tough one  😄

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

20 REPLIES 20

Oculus have always been a bit tight lipped about stuff until nearer the date of release but would be good to get some info.

So the options are:

Dirt Rally 2 VR will be an Oculus exclusive.

Dirt Rally 2 VR will be a timed Oculus exclusive and a free update for Steam users.

Dirt Rally 2 VR will be a timed Oculus exclusive and a paid for DLC for Steam users.

VR support for Dirt Rally 2 was all a false rumour.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
or another option that Dirt Rally 2 will be a Free/paid expansion for both the steam AND oculus versions at the same time.   (I am not worried about VR not coming to DR2, i think that is as good as in the bank)
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oculus have always been a bit tight lipped about stuff until nearer the date of release but would be good to get some info.

So the options are:

Dirt Rally 2 VR will be an Oculus exclusive.

Dirt Rally 2 VR will be a timed Oculus exclusive and a free update for Steam users.

Dirt Rally 2 VR will be a timed Oculus exclusive and a paid for DLC for Steam users.

VR support for Dirt Rally 2 was all a false rumour.

Option 3 is the most likely I think.

I'll go with option 2 just for arguments sake. I'll pass on buying from Steam now until we find out, and pass completely if no VR.

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Finally! This is how Oculus should be spending its money. It should partner with game makers to port games to VR instead of making games that have very little content. 

Now maybe if Oculus would spend money on creating the ultimate Skyrim VR mod. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

nrosko
Superstar
Seems there are some issues with the game with ffb, also it's quite heavy on the gpu. Hoping this is improved for the odious release.

Napagady
Protege
DiRT Rally 2.0 is awesome, and the VR experience will only make it that much better, already have the game bought, now it's time to wait. :dizzy:

Anonymous
Not applicable
greed is gonna kill this whole thing. If only specific VR headsets works with specific games? Fuck that, ill go back to DR original and codemasters, oculus can stick this corporate monetization models and stick them up their ass. This shit is getting so old

gamense
Honored Guest
Awesome! I am excited for this game.
I have to cover dirt rally 2.0 in my gamense website

MowTin
Expert Trustee
It's already out. I hope you didn't miss the 50% off sale. I bought it but I haven't played it yet. I'm out of HD space. 

I bought a new 1TB M.2 drive yesterday afterh Asgard's Wrath forced me to uninstall a bunch of games. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2