cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I get both Rift and Quest version of the same game...???

vracing73
Explorer
My question is that if I buy a game off the Oculus store from my PC, do I get two versions of the game?  The Oculus Link version playing off the game from my PC (tethered or wirelessly with VD) and another version installed in my headset without using VD?  I ask because Oculus Link or Rift version running off my PC has better graphic than the version running off my Quest 2 headset.  I tried the free ISS Mission game on both running off the PC vs the one off my standalone headset.  The PC version has better texture details than the Quest 2 standalone version. 
6 REPLIES 6

nalex66
MVP
MVP
You do for some games. This feature is called Cross-Buy, but it's up to the game devs whether or not to support it. Here is a Quest store page showing all the games that support cross-buy.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

vracing73
Explorer
Thanks...so, if I buy a game off the Oculus Store on my PC, the same game would be made available for download and install on my headset too?

PITTCANNA
Visionary
depends on the game.

as always not to be a jerk always check the cross buy list.
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/section/2335732183153590/?locale=en_US#/?_k=xo36kn

to be on safe side on which version to buy.

The reason why some games are not cross buy is the developer has to do some significant work to convert to the quest or rift platform.

vracing73
Explorer
Thanks..I checked the list but not sure what it meant by cross-buy....is more like multi-platform...

PITTCANNA
Visionary

vracing73 said:

Thanks..I checked the list but not sure what it meant by cross-buy....is more like multi-platform...

its there term for purchase 2 for 1 price.  Meaning rift and quest versions are 1 purchase.  Keep in mind developers don't have to offer cross buy for any title, its the developers choice to offer it.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

vracing73 said:

Thanks...so, if I buy a game off the Oculus Store on my PC, the same game would be made available for download and install on my headset too?

If it's a game that supports cross-buy, then yes. Once you buy it on the Rift store through the PC app, and the price for the Quest version will become "Free" (assuming you use the same account on both platforms). You still have to go to the Quest store page in the headset or phone app and claim it to add it to your library, and once you do that you can download and install it.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo