Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolphin Emulator CV1 compatibility

2EyeGuy
Adventurer
EDIT: new version: Download Dolphin VR 5.0
DK1 version: Dolphin VR 5.0 for Runtime 0.8

I finally got around to updating Dolphin VR for CV1 and SDK 1.3.  🙂

It still has some bugs, for example the mirror window isn't working on Direct3D yet. And I'm not even sure that Opcode Replay mode is working correctly. And I have not pulled the last several months of Dolphin updates, so it is not current with master. And some things may be hardcoded for DK2, like Metroid Prime visors, and haven't been fixed.

Before you can run applications (like Dolphin VR) outside Oculus Home, you need to have Unknown Sources enabled. In the Oculus app window, click on the cog > Settings > General > Unknown Sources.

Dolphin VR 4.0-9519 x64 1.3 

You will need to rip your GameCube or Wii games to your hard-drive or USB stick, because most optical drives can't read them directly. If you have a Wii or a Wii U (it doesn't need to be modded) and an external hard-drive or USB memory stick, then you can install homebrew channel and use it to dump games. See tutorials online for how to dump games for Dolphin.

Not all games work. Some work almost perfectly, and some are unplayable. Some games have Hide Object Codes and AR Cheat Codes to make them work better in VR, which you can find by right clicking a game in your game list in dolphin and choosing properties, then going to those tabs.

Don't forget to set your Graphics, VR, and Controller options.

I've only tested this on DK2. CV1 probably works.
Vive might or might not work. The Vive controllers aren't implemented yet.
Razer Hydra works (and can be used as a Nunchuk+Wiimote) but the button mapping is hardcoded, and you can't see your hands yet.
297 REPLIES 297

charlton_3393
Heroic Explorer

2EyeGuy said:

I'm guessing part of the reason is the plane is sometimes being detected as a HUD and sometimes being detected as a 2D Screen. I think there's a bug in my code regarding that. Or it could be something else.

One day I should fix it so it works one bit at a time instead of one byte at a time, and allow you to bind two keys: "still there" and "fixed". That way you only have to press a button 128 times, instead of the current average of 2056 mouse clicks. It's currently very tedious to create a code. But I've created some new hide object codes for Resident Evil 4 and Mortal Kombat in the next version.

It is still a great feature none the less, but I can see where it would need to be improved, Also the "sky" in SM64 only flickers when the camera is moving, if the camera is dead still then there is no flicker, thought that info might be useful haha
Specs: - Windows 10 Pro x64 OS - ASRock H87 Performance Motherboard - Intel Core I7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell Processor - Reference Radeon RX 480 GPU - 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 RAM

danknugz
Superstar
Anyone get Mario sunshine working similar to lickys tale? That would be epic
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

OculusRiftRocks
Explorer

2EyeGuy said:

im having issues just running dolphin and ppsspp vr, i run the game and it just goes to my monitor in single screen view, it doesn't come up on the rift at all, i have unknown sources checked, i used to use the old dolphin with DK2 and that worked fine, any clues for what to do?

I'm guessing you're still using the old dolphin. Make sure you download and run the latest version.
You can also try starting Oculus Home before you run Dolphin.

it says 4.0-9519 Ouclus SDK 1.3.0.

it just starts up as normal on a monitor, i have oculus home running in the background, vorpx seems to load with any game i hook it into, so i can run other sources etc.

same with ppsspp VR, its only displayed on monitor and looks like a normal 2D single image game.

ColdSpike
Explorer
Anyone have any luck with getting this to work right in CV1? I tried Spyro A New Beginning and while it was simply amazing to be able to look around, I couldn't get this overlay to go away, someone said to use Shift + or something, but that did nothing. Also the audio keeps hitching.

2EyeGuy
Adventurer
Wow, the Dolphin developers are total &!$%(^%s. I've been kicked out of Dolphin, blocked from submitting pull requests or commenting on existing pull requests, and my pull requests have been closed without comment. I guess I won't be adding any more fixes to the main Dolphin branch. "Open source"... LOL

The good news is, if I'm not allowed to fix non-VR related stuff in the main Dolphin branch, that means I have more time to work on VR features for my VR branch.

2EyeGuy
Adventurer
Mario Sunshine uses a lot of special rendering tricks that I haven't got working in VR yet. Sorry. Other Mario games probably work better.

ColdSpike said:
Anyone have any luck with getting this to work right in CV1? I tried Spyro A New Beginning and while it was simply amazing to be able to look around, I couldn't get this overlay to go away, someone said to use Shift + or something, but that did nothing. Also the audio keeps hitching.
If you right click on a game in the game list, you can choose properties, then go into the Hide Objects tab. Sometimes there are codes already for hiding objects, otherwise you can use the technique described on page 3 of this thread to create your own. Alternatively, you can hide the entire HUD by clicking on the eye button in the toolbar to go to VR settings, going to the VR Game tab, and changing the HUD distance to 0 (or something close to 0). You can also try having the HUD at a normal distance, but setting the HUD thickness to something ridiculously large, if the overlay is attached to the back of the HUD.

ColdSpike
Explorer

2EyeGuy said:

Mario Sunshine uses a lot of special rendering tricks that I haven't got working in VR yet. Sorry. Other Mario games probably work better.

ColdSpike said:
If you right click on a game in the game list, you can choose properties, then go into the Hide Objects tab. Sometimes there are codes already for hiding objects, otherwise you can use the technique described on page 3 of this thread to create your own. Alternatively, you can hide the entire HUD by clicking on the eye button in the toolbar to go to VR settings, going to the VR Game tab, and changing the HUD distance to 0 (or something close to 0). You can also try having the HUD at a normal distance, but setting the HUD thickness to something ridiculously large, if the overlay is attached to the back of the HUD.

I'll have to try it out, thanks. But how come the HUD for various games causes so many issues?

NOT_Archonzeus
Honored Guest
Works on the vive? Yay or nay?

costersall
Honored Guest
So Dolphin 5.0 is finally out...too soon to start asking?  😉

charlton_3393
Heroic Explorer
@2EyeGuy

I'm guessing this obviously has something to do with Dolphin 5.0 being released, maybe they are going through a lot of stuff and reorganising maybe? IDK
Specs: - Windows 10 Pro x64 OS - ASRock H87 Performance Motherboard - Intel Core I7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell Processor - Reference Radeon RX 480 GPU - 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 RAM