Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolphin Emulator CV1 compatibility

2EyeGuy
Adventurer
EDIT: new version: Download Dolphin VR 5.0
DK1 version: Dolphin VR 5.0 for Runtime 0.8

I finally got around to updating Dolphin VR for CV1 and SDK 1.3.  🙂

It still has some bugs, for example the mirror window isn't working on Direct3D yet. And I'm not even sure that Opcode Replay mode is working correctly. And I have not pulled the last several months of Dolphin updates, so it is not current with master. And some things may be hardcoded for DK2, like Metroid Prime visors, and haven't been fixed.

Before you can run applications (like Dolphin VR) outside Oculus Home, you need to have Unknown Sources enabled. In the Oculus app window, click on the cog > Settings > General > Unknown Sources.

Dolphin VR 4.0-9519 x64 1.3 

You will need to rip your GameCube or Wii games to your hard-drive or USB stick, because most optical drives can't read them directly. If you have a Wii or a Wii U (it doesn't need to be modded) and an external hard-drive or USB memory stick, then you can install homebrew channel and use it to dump games. See tutorials online for how to dump games for Dolphin.

Not all games work. Some work almost perfectly, and some are unplayable. Some games have Hide Object Codes and AR Cheat Codes to make them work better in VR, which you can find by right clicking a game in your game list in dolphin and choosing properties, then going to those tabs.

Don't forget to set your Graphics, VR, and Controller options.

I've only tested this on DK2. CV1 probably works.
Vive might or might not work. The Vive controllers aren't implemented yet.
Razer Hydra works (and can be used as a Nunchuk+Wiimote) but the button mapping is hardcoded, and you can't see your hands yet.
297 REPLIES 297

OpticKing
Expert Trustee
I'd give it a whirl, but I'm cv1 only so sdk 0.8 won't cut it for me.

VRpce
Protege
Here is the build I made with 0.8 SDK https://mega.nz/#!ttIX0CqT!GWtDXilqZn1cypBYyErpNQ__S2IPSU_9NYEUF8kygiM
the executable is in Binary/x64/

charlton_3393
Heroic Explorer
So you are saying the mirror window works on this 0.8 build you created?
Specs: - Windows 10 Pro x64 OS - ASRock H87 Performance Motherboard - Intel Core I7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell Processor - Reference Radeon RX 480 GPU - 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 RAM

charlton_3393
Heroic Explorer

OpticKing said:

Ive installed the old runtime DLL files along side my current 1.8 runtime so I can now play 0.6, 0.7 and 0.8 Direct Mode games, most seem to work but there are some that have a few bugs
Specs: - Windows 10 Pro x64 OS - ASRock H87 Performance Motherboard - Intel Core I7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell Processor - Reference Radeon RX 480 GPU - 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 RAM

VRpce
Protege

So you are saying the mirror window works on this 0.8 build you created?

yes at least for me on win 7/dk2, works great

OpticKing
Expert Trustee

OpticKing said:

Ive installed the old runtime DLL files along side my current 1.8 runtime so I can now play 0.6, 0.7 and 0.8 Direct Mode games, most seem to work but there are some that have a few bugs

Doesn't that only work because you're using a dk2? Only way I've heard of cv1 using a pre 1.3 sdk is the libovrwrapper found elsewhere on these forums, which I don't really feel like touching atm.

charlton_3393
Heroic Explorer

OpticKing said:

Doesn't that only work because you're using a dk2? Only way I've heard of cv1 using a pre 1.3 sdk is the libovrwrapper found elsewhere on these forums, which I don't really feel like touching atm.

Yeah that's what I'm using just couldn't remember the name haha, and yes I am using a DK2 and if you are worried with it interfering with the post 1.3 runtimes then worry no longer, I haven't noticed any difference after installing the wrapper, I'm not exactly sure how things would work with a CV1 but there is no harm in trying 😉

OpticKing
Expert Trustee

Yeah that's what I'm using just couldn't remember the name haha, and yes I am using a DK2 and if you are worried with it interfering with the post 1.3 runtimes then worry no longer, I haven't noticed any difference after installing the wrapper, I'm not exactly sure how things would work with a CV1 but there is no harm in trying 😉

While it is intriguing, I have something I'm addicted to atm and a fairly big list after that. I'm not sure I want to even consider going back to older stuff on top of it all lol. Plus with the dk2 being a single screen allowing it to pretend to be a monitor (aka extended mode I think) and the cv1 being 2 screens, I don't know if I'm comfortable toying with it even tho it seems harmless. I've thankfully had 0 issues with the cv1 (knock on wood) so I'd like to keep it that way if at all possible.

charlton_3393
Heroic Explorer

OpticKing said:

While it is intriguing, I have something I'm addicted to atm and a fairly big list after that. I'm not sure I want to even consider going back to older stuff on top of it all lol. Plus with the dk2 being a single screen allowing it to pretend to be a monitor (aka extended mode I think) and the cv1 being 2 screens, I don't know if I'm comfortable toying with it even tho it seems harmless. I've thankfully had 0 issues with the cv1 (knock on wood) so I'd like to keep it that way if at all possible.

Haha, I don't think the DK2 works the way you think it does, while yes the DK2 has 1 screen and the CV1 has 2, the HDMI stream itself sends 1 image for both the DK2 and CV1, just at a different refresh rate and resolution, the CV1 hardware just... (to put it very simply, im sure it does more than this) splits the image in half to display it on each screen so the IPD can be adjusted :D.

Also the libovrwrapper does NOT support extended mode and it does NOT "Bypass" or "interfere" with your 1.3+ Runtimes at all :), when the wrapper is installed you still start up Oculus Home like you normally would, then you start your 0.7 runtime game, which brings up the usual health and safety load bar which brings you into the game.

And yeah I know what you mean about not wanting to go back to the old demos, there is soooo much cool new stuff that the older demo's just seem nostalgic at this point. 😛

dirtythekid
Explorer
Any updates on this? I really realllllyyyyyy wanna stream a playthrough of Mario Galaxy 1/2 and it's completely broken when playing in OpenGL.