Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolphin Emulator CV1 compatibility

2EyeGuy
Adventurer
EDIT: new version: Download Dolphin VR 5.0
DK1 version: Dolphin VR 5.0 for Runtime 0.8

I finally got around to updating Dolphin VR for CV1 and SDK 1.3.  🙂

It still has some bugs, for example the mirror window isn't working on Direct3D yet. And I'm not even sure that Opcode Replay mode is working correctly. And I have not pulled the last several months of Dolphin updates, so it is not current with master. And some things may be hardcoded for DK2, like Metroid Prime visors, and haven't been fixed.

Before you can run applications (like Dolphin VR) outside Oculus Home, you need to have Unknown Sources enabled. In the Oculus app window, click on the cog > Settings > General > Unknown Sources.

Dolphin VR 4.0-9519 x64 1.3 

You will need to rip your GameCube or Wii games to your hard-drive or USB stick, because most optical drives can't read them directly. If you have a Wii or a Wii U (it doesn't need to be modded) and an external hard-drive or USB memory stick, then you can install homebrew channel and use it to dump games. See tutorials online for how to dump games for Dolphin.

Not all games work. Some work almost perfectly, and some are unplayable. Some games have Hide Object Codes and AR Cheat Codes to make them work better in VR, which you can find by right clicking a game in your game list in dolphin and choosing properties, then going to those tabs.

Don't forget to set your Graphics, VR, and Controller options.

I've only tested this on DK2. CV1 probably works.
Vive might or might not work. The Vive controllers aren't implemented yet.
Razer Hydra works (and can be used as a Nunchuk+Wiimote) but the button mapping is hardcoded, and you can't see your hands yet.
297 REPLIES 297

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not saving the Oculus setting in Stereoscopic 3d mode for me.  I select Oculus, click close, try to play a game (doesn't work) go back to Graphics/Enhancements and it's set to off.

JoshuaJSlone
Expert Protege
This version of Dolphin seems to ignore that setting anyway. Regardless of what I set it to, it outputs it in VR-distorted mode both on the headset and a window on the monitor. Going back to it afterward it usually seems to have reverted to Off, though one time it seemed to go Anaglyph->Oculus instead. I've got no good suggestion for what problem you might be having, though.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for responding. I'll keep messing around or wait for an updated version.

mobiusstudios
Honored Guest
Is there a way to calibrate the Hydra? I am having issues painting in Okami as the y axis is inverted somehow during that part.

2EyeGuy
Adventurer
I've been doing some more work. I just added a feature for fixing camera stabilisation in menus, and fixed the menus being upside down in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. And added default settings for Dancing Stage: Mario Mix.

Peteo
Expert Protege

2EyeGuy said:

I've been doing some more work. I just added a feature for fixing camera stabilisation in menus, and fixed the menus being upside down in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. And added default settings for Dancing Stage: Mario Mix.

Nice! Just to let you know works great in the Vive, I can even walk around!

AnotherCrazyCan
Adventurer
Rendering distant objects in Metroid Prime can be a little weird, but I don't blame you at all and I'm ecstatic that it works now! 
Now, if only I can get Super Mario sunshine to work...
Facebook bought Instagram. How exactly did they ruin them?

isamu
Explorer
2EyeGuy is back!!!! Yippeeeee!!! So happy to see you're back on the Dolphin VR project Carl. I'm hoping to get a Rift by the fall or maybe sooner so I can't wait to see the progress that's been made by then.

In the meantime, can anyone please try F-ZeroGX on either CV1 or Vive and give us your impressions on how it well it works?

My dream is to play F-Zero

DukeValefor
Protege
Hmmm the Emulator only shows on my desktop and rift shows me Oculus home, any idea?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Graphics, General, uncheck Render to Main Window.