cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolphin Emulator DK2 compatibility

lohan
Honored Guest
The title pretty much says it all. I would like to know if anyone here has already tried to run the dolphin emulator with the DK2. Some say it should work. If yes this one should give us hundreds of titles to try out during the "starving period" even if those Wii/Gamecube titles don't use the full potential of the DK2.
1,298 REPLIES 1,298

cegli
Honored Guest
"Rensin" wrote:
I have been testing the new build and so far I have not been able to quit a game without using the task manager. I have only tested LoZ:WW so far.

Edit: Also the Mirror Shield and KoRL's body are still bilocating when using the Opcode replay buffer

I have also had this issue, but I have the same issue with the main Dolphin branch. I think something has changed in the main branch that causes it sometimes. I can exit a game most of the time though, it only hangs up occasionally. Let me know if you find a game that it reliably won't exit from every time.

Also, with the Opcode Replay Buffer, there are definitely still issues in some games. It should be much better this time around though, with a lot more games working flawlessly.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"cegli" wrote:
Let me know if you find a game that it reliably won't exit from every time.

So far? LoZ:WW and Metroid Prime 1 Every Single Time.

"cegli" wrote:
Also, with the Opcode Replay Buffer, there are definitely still issues in some games. It should be much better this time around though, with a lot more games working flawlessly.
Can you give me an example of an improvement. So far I have tried LoZ:WW and Metroid Prime and all the same problems persist, infact Prime's game speed is about 25% faster than it should be. This problem did not exist in the previous build.

On the other hand performance in Metroid Prime seems to have improved substantially as some areas that used to cause judder no longer do.

Edit: Ok so I just found the Replay Vertex Data option and it did indeed clean up a lot of the Opcode issues. Sorry.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the new version! I appreciate all the hard work.
I have an issue with the Opcode replay options.
I accidentally clicked on the Pullup 20fps to 75fps and now all other options are grayed out.
It wont let me click on other options like 30fps to 75fps and 60fps to 75fps.
I've tried deleting and reinstalling the program, but the 20fps to 75fps option stays checked and I can't choose another option.
What should I do?
Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
"chris3222" wrote:

What should I do?
Thanks

Uh... uncheck 20fps to 75fps?

Anonymous
Not applicable
It won't let me click on it again, it grayed it out so I can't click on anything except the 3 options: Replay Vertex Data, Replay other Data, and Disable Opcode Warnings.

UPDATE: I figured it all out. I had to go into the global settings for Dolphin which was in my Documents folder, and change all options in Opcode to FALSE. This reset everything and I'm now able to choose different Opcode options.
Hopefully this doesn't happen to anyone else, but if it does, it's a fairly easy fix.

yomer
Explorer
Is there a wiki on Hydra implementation in DolphinVR? Something like what to expect, which games benefit from them, or if I can play any game with it.

Since the forum posts are a bit mixed-up with other features, it would be great to get a brief summary on features, games, do(s) and don't(s), etc.

I really appreciate all the work done. Last time I had the opportunity to read about dolphin with the rift, it was over at the Dolphin forums. It's incredible how much you've achieved so far. Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
On Keyhole Snap

I am someone who can play Windlands with comfort mode on for hours and never feel bothered by the sudden orientation changes. Even so I find Keyhole Snap to be very disconcerting and I am not sure why. If I were to guess I would think it is because I am not directly controlling the snap unlike I am in windland and the sudden change catches me by surprise and I get disoriented as a result.

Would it be possible to slow down the snap so that there is some perceivable transition between one orientation and the other? I would like to experiment with this to see if I can get a comfortable experience out of it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been putting off finishing Metroid Prime until keyhole snap was out and Holy Jesus Fuck was it worth it. While the snapping took some getting used to it really made the final boss fight infinitely more epic than I could have ever imagined back when I was a kid playing it on my GameCube.

2Eyeguy Cegli. Amazing Job!

cegli
Honored Guest
"Rensin" wrote:
"cegli" wrote:
Let me know if you find a game that it reliably won't exit from every time.

So far? LoZ:WW and Metroid Prime 1 Every Single Time.

For me, it only happens on those games about once every 6 or 7 times. I think this is a race condition introduced by "4.0-5971 - Block GPU Thread". You can read about it here: https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2015/05/01 ... pril-2015/. I've debugged it a bit before, and it's hanging in the assembly code of some external function during clean-up of the GPU thread (if I remember correctly), so it's hard to debug. I hope the main branch will fix it soon!

"Rensin" wrote:
"cegli" wrote:
Can you give me an example of an improvement. So far I have tried LoZ:WW and Metroid Prime and all the same problems persist, infact Prime's game speed is about 25% faster than it should be. This problem did not exist in the previous build.

On the other hand performance in Metroid Prime seems to have improved substantially as some areas that used to cause judder no longer do.

Edit: Ok so I just found the Replay Vertex Data option and it did indeed clean up a lot of the Opcode issues. Sorry.

Some examples of fixes are:
Metroid 1 - With Replay Vertex Data the worst flashing/corruption issues are gone (internally using vertex buffer code).
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - Now works with "Enable Idle Skipping" enabled.
Donkey Kong Country - No more corruption with Replay Vertex Data (internally using vertex shader code).
Kirby's Epic Yarn, Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Okami, Mario Kart Wii, and many more - Opcode warnings mostly fixed, desynchronization of CPU and GPU fixed through forces in .ini file.
Audio in most games fixed with "Enable Idle Skipping" on, which used to cause problems. Some games (20-30%?) still have issues in XAudio2 mode, but OpenAL should be working for all games.

There are a lot more fixes, but those are some examples :).

"Rensin" wrote:
I've been putting off finishing Metroid Prime until keyhole snap was out and Holy Jesus Fuck was it worth it. While the snapping took some getting used to it really made the final boss fight infinitely more epic than I could have ever imagined back when I was a kid playing it on my GameCube.

2Eyeguy Cegli. Amazing Job!

I'm glad you like it! I'd ideally like it to snap your aim to the center after the snap, but we don't have control over that in the emulator. I thought about trying to do some kind of memory hack where I inject a new position into memory after the snap, but haven't been able to decode the way yaw works in Metroid yet.

"yomer" wrote:
Is there a wiki on Hydra implementation in DolphinVR? Something like what to expect, which games benefit from them, or if I can play any game with it.

Since the forum posts are a bit mixed-up with other features, it would be great to get a brief summary on features, games, do(s) and don't(s), etc.

I don't have a Hydra, so I've never been able to try out the support. 2eyeguy would be the one to ask about that. For general Dolphin VR features/settings, I wrote up a little guide in Dolphin itself, in the VR tab. It's just a couple paragraphs, but it gives a quick run down. I also started on a "recommended games" list for our website, but I haven't finished it yet, so it's still an internal draft. If anyone wants to start making a Wiki, that'd be great!
"yomer" wrote:
I really appreciate all the work done. Last time I had the opportunity to read about dolphin with the rift, it was over at the Dolphin forums. It's incredible how much you've achieved so far. Thanks again.

Thanks!
"chris3222" wrote:
It won't let me click on it again, it grayed it out so I can't click on anything except the 3 options: Replay Vertex Data, Replay other Data, and Disable Opcode Warnings.

UPDATE: I figured it all out. I had to go into the global settings for Dolphin which was in my Documents folder, and change all options in Opcode to FALSE. This reset everything and I'm now able to choose different Opcode options.
Hopefully this doesn't happen to anyone else, but if it does, it's a fairly easy fix.

Glad you worked it out! I think I might know what happened there. I used to allow people to select both "Extra Opcode Replay Frames" and the "Pullup XXfps to 75fps" at the same time, which doesn't make any sense. If you upgrade to the new version and have them both enabled at the same time, it would get stuck like that. The fix would be to edit it in your .ini like you did. Let me know if you've found a different way to break it. If you find a different way, I will fix it!

2EyeGuy
Adventurer
"yomer" wrote:

Firstly, Cegli's releases don't include the DLL you need for Razer Hydra support, so it won't work unless you get the 64 bit Sixense DLLs from somewhere else and copy them into the folder with the Dolphin exe.

Currently, the Razer Hydra only emulates a Wiimote, Wiimote and Nunchuk, Sideways Wiimote, Classic Controller, or GameCube controller, depending on what you have selected in the input dialogs. It will implement multiple controllers at once if you have both a virtual wiimote and virtual gamecube controller plugged in. Wii Motion Plus emulation is not implemented yet.

The controls can't be changed and don't need to be configured. The controls are mapped roughly by location. So the Wiimote's A button is actually the START button on the Hydra, 1 and 2 are the 1 and 2 button, 3 and 4 are - and +, and pushing in the analog stick is HOME (and will also reset the IR cursor center). For the GameCube or Classic controller, the D-Pad is the 1234 buttons if you point the hydras inwards, so 3 is up and 4 is right.

Push the left stick inwards to swap the Wiimote between Wiimote, Sideways Wiimote, Wiimote+Nunchuk, and Classic Controller. It won't effect the GameCube controller which will still be emulated at the same time if it is set to plugged in.

IR pointer emulation is currently based entirely on position, which isn't quite how it works with a real Wiimote.

Currently, the hydras that you can see in DirectX mode with controllers set to visible in the Avatar options, don't respond to the hydra's position yet. I haven't worked out a good way of calibrating the hydra coordinates into the same coordinate system as the Oculus Rift.

Input doesn't yet rotate to match the HUD or lean back angle. So you can't properly use the IR pointer when playing standing up or in a swivel chair with yaw stabilized.

The Hydra should work in every game except Wii Motion Plus games, and games like Metroid Other M that use the IR pointer to decide whether you are holding the Wiimote sideways or not.

The Hydra doesn't add anything to GameCube games yet, it is just like a gamepad, except your hands are free to move separately.

There are a lot of improvements I want to make to the Razer Hydra input, but I haven't got around to it yet. If we get Vive dev kits, then we will do a lot more work on input and that will also support the Hydra. I'm also waiting for my Perception Neuron, Sixense STEM, and Cyberith Virtualizer.