cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolphin Emulator DK2 compatibility

lohan
Honored Guest
The title pretty much says it all. I would like to know if anyone here has already tried to run the dolphin emulator with the DK2. Some say it should work. If yes this one should give us hundreds of titles to try out during the "starving period" even if those Wii/Gamecube titles don't use the full potential of the DK2.
1,298 REPLIES 1,298

VRpce
Protege
Hi, you guys continue to offer explosive results, but OOOPS, another huge Dolphin breakthrough now there's Screen space ambient occlusion

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-u ... n?page=216

2EyeGuy
Adventurer
"xcxv2" wrote:
Hi, you guys continue to offer explosive results, but OOOPS, another huge Dolphin breakthrough now there's Screen space ambient occlusion

Would screen space ambient occlusion still make sense in 3D and with head tracking? Or would it look weird?

yomer
Explorer
Thank you for the quick rundown on Hydra. At this point it should be easier to use the real Wiimote + sensor bar instead of the hydra, right?

VRpce
Protege
"2EyeGuy" wrote:
"xcxv2" wrote:

Would screen space ambient occlusion still make sense in 3D and with head tracking? Or would it look weird?

Yeah I was just getting ahead of myself, getting excited when I hear a Dolphin breakthrough. But all the new features implemented into VR this year are obviously huge leaps forward

Anonymous
Not applicable
"2EyeGuy" wrote:
"xcxv2" wrote:

Just tried it in stereo with virtual desktop and the results are amazing.
Ssao in wind waker gives a lot more depth, volume and realism. It enhances a lot the general sensation in wind Waker of being in front of living dolls.
you even can configure the ssao with the help of a mode where you only see the ssao effect with the rest in white.
there is no problem or weirdness with the stereo, and I think that there will be no problem with the head tracking neither.
I'm pretty sure that is a feature that will make dolphin vr even more amazing.

2EyeGuy
Adventurer
"yomer" wrote:
At this point it should be easier to use the real Wiimote + sensor bar instead of the hydra, right?

I wouldn't have thought so. The hydra is very plug and play with Dolphin VR as long as you have the 64 bit sixense dll. But I guess it's a matter of personal preference.

2EyeGuy
Adventurer
Oculus Share are being stupid unprincipled jerks again, and have removed Dolphin VR after a complaint from a developer who worked on the original Dolphin.

The Charlie Hebdo Gallery is also still in permanent limbo awaiting approval or rejection.

I'm getting pretty sick and tired of Oculus Share.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"2EyeGuy" wrote:
Oculus Share are being stupid unprincipled jerks again, and have removed Dolphin VR after a complaint from a developer who worked on the original Dolphin.

I really sorry about that.
I can understand dolphin people not being happy about using proprietary libraries in a gpl project and that they don't want it into the main branch, but I can't understand their interest in take DolphinVR down.
Very sad to see that they are bothering a person who has made me happy with his work, precisely because of what he has done.
2eyeguy and cegli only deserve a BIG THANKS for their disinterested work and no this kind of shit.

aminemo
Explorer
It is really a problem ? what's the benefit to put dolphinVR on oculus share ?
Maybe dolphin VR will work better on the other VR headset 😄 !

danknugz
Superstar
"fugazi" wrote:
"2EyeGuy" wrote:

I really sorry about that.
I can understand dolphin people not being happy about using proprietary libraries in a gpl project and that they don't want it into the main branch, but I can't understand their interest in take DolphinVR down.
Very sad to see that they are bothering a person who has made me happy with his work, precisely because of what he has done.
2eyeguy and cegli only deserve a BIG THANKS for their disinterested work and no this kind of shit.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?