cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't stop playing Robo Recall too quickly! (spoilers)

Moon920
Protege
I've heard from a few of my friends that tried Robo Recall that they played the intro mission and mission 1-1 and thought the game was amazing and beautiful yadda yadda but went back to their regular games probably assuming they've seen it all.  While mission 1-1 is mostly iRobot looking bots and spider bots, they introduce four new bots in the next couple levels.  Levels 1-2, 1-3 and 2-1 can all be reached in the first hour of play.
Don't quit early, Robo Recall is more than just pretty.
9 REPLIES 9

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I beat it on Day 2, not sure that counts as too quickly. But I definitely enjoyed killing each and every different type of Bot. This is a great game to demo to family and friends. I got a lot of laughs yesterday when people watched me, for the first time, releasing my anger by smashing robots in to cars and walls.

People irl who know me all agreed that this is the best game ever made for folks with my... umm, personality 😛

Moon920
Protege
That's awesome, I'm only playing for about 30 minutes a day and I'm on day two, I'm surprised to hear how many people played the first level then put it on a shelf.  Seems well worth playing to the end.  The only reason I'm not real excited about demoing this one is because it's SO immersive, I worry my friends might forget about the cord too easily.  I already tripped on the cord my first time trying the game and I'm usually real good with cord awareness.  I have some friends coming over tonight, I'll just tell them to keep their feet planted.  Can't wait for wireless.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh yeah I have gone through all of it, and have started it again just to try and do better this time.
I am loving this one!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Moon920 said:

That's awesome, I'm only playing for about 30 minutes a day and I'm on day two, I'm surprised to hear how many people played the first level then put it on a shelf.  Seems well worth playing to the end.  The only reason I'm not real excited about demoing this one is because it's SO immersive, I worry my friends might forget about the cord too easily.  I already tripped on the cord my first time trying the game and I'm usually real good with cord awareness.  I have some friends coming over tonight, I'll just tell them to keep their feet planted.  Can't wait for wireless.

Yes this is probably the first real game where I almost yanked my HMD too hard during all the violent acts.

The only other times I've done something physical that stood out was when I punched my desk while playing Dead and Buried, and when I punched the ceiling fan during a Slam Dunk competition in VR Sports Challenge. Good times!

n3cr0-0
Adventurer
This is the one game I actually punched one of my TVs (I have 3x39 inch LED's as a monitor)  I have also touched a tube from my liquid cooling set up multiple times (praxis wetbench). You two are right this game is sooo immersive that I forget where I am!  I never game with the wall boundary guide but this game makes me sincerely consider it.... Cannot stop playing it because I want all 50 stars lol need to get those scores up 😛

Elias24601
Protege
Last night I met the flying rocket launcher bot, casually caught the first rocket and flicked it over my shoulder... didn't know I was going to pick up a triple kill.  It's the first time I have giggled like a school girl.  

Now I just need to wrap my brain around the teleport camera orientation and I should be good to go.

Oh and it's the first time I have smashed my touch controller into my surroundings.  I couldn't tell if it was a desk or wife and I sure as hell couldn't be bothered to stop in the middle of my recall to find out.

kzintzi
Trustee
this is another game where I managed to punch one of my kids.. they're learning though.. they now stand at the door and tell me they want to watch, so result :smile:

once I realised that using the teleport let me slow time for a bit so I could reorient before the "jump" it became a LOT easier.
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

EliteSPA
Superstar
Everytime you play this game is diferent! Love it! bring us some nice mods!
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Anonymous
Not applicable
I probably won't be able to get all of these stars and complete the All Stars Mode but it's going to be a blast trying to do so lol