cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down & Out - trailer - game launched today (Dec 14 2021)

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

This game may be hit or miss, could look like some sort of Double Dragon anno 2021, lol:

The game should arrive this month: 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1450060/Down_and_Out/

For now it only supports the Rift - which is strange for a Steam game, but has been seen before (like Polybius). 

Does look like a game wanting - maybe - to cover too much ground. According to the devs:

“Down and Out” - a new breed of fighting game that blends the best of your favorite brawlers with the immersion of first-person VR.

Down and Out offers a powerful combo of Creed x Borderlands Art and GTA 5 Free Roaming.

Free Style Fighting meets Open world playstyle in Zatun's latest game "Down and Out".

Down and Out will transport the player to the seedy underbelly of the big city, as they live out the life of a homeless person motivated by the promise of money and status.

Key Features:

• A combination of freestyle fighting and open-world playstyle

• Fun graphics which give a realistic but comic vibe

• Combat format

• Game AI actually challenges the player according to their actions

• Three different types of enemies

• Realistic fight moves

• Highly engaging combat

• Perfect VR fighting game augmented with city exploration and fun activities

• Perfect for people who love to play fighting games

• Highly-interactive game world

• Six exciting quests which you have to complete

• Rewards in the form of money and raise in reputation with completion of each quest

• A fully interactive store for buying health syrup, pet food, and decorative items

Get ready for a truly immersive experience of surviving on the city streets to prove yourself as the toughest and meanest!

Fight, make money and become the king of the streets in our all-new VR game, Down & Out! 

Down and Out will be soon available for Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest, Steam, and PSVR.

Recommended gpu is just a GTX 1060, so a fast gpu is not needed. Some shots:

ss_f2e6bcd917b3e5a05f1538c5a1e55a2148d30253.1920x1080.jpg

ss_ff7bec19df5cfaa91ede4c1a12e8fe1315e37b3e.1920x1080.jpg

ss_d02f639c890102f0ccb72a3eea7ad50ecbdad236.1920x1080.jpg

ss_3dfd27b5d71fd9e37a5d2b850399cf4c3ea2ccd4.1920x1080.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

1 REPLY 1

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

The game launched today - get it here:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/3676132505836699/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1450060/Down_and_Out/

- the first Steam review isn't exactly good though:

"This game is NOT worth 15 dollars! The fighting, which I was most excited for, is extremely basic and feels turn based, meaning you need to wait for the right moment to attack them and its always the same interval, every fight feels identical and is super frustrating because even though you swing and attack you cannot do damage until the window to do so opens again, very disappointed. The movement feels weird as well especially the turning, there also seems no running mechanic in the game. the game should have been either free or tops 5 dollar"

Guess I'll hold my breath a little longer and await more reviews.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"