cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duke Nukem 3D VR

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I played Duke Nukem 3D in DOS. Remember DOS? And it's the first online game I played. I played it on DWANGO a dialup WAN back in the day. This mod looks cool. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFQJL68b-L4
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2
9 REPLIES 9

kojack
MVP
MVP
I was hoping it woud be the original ported to VR, so you see enemies as flat sprites. That would look cool in VR. 🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

MowTin
Expert Trustee

kojack said:

I was hoping it woud be the original ported to VR, so you see enemies as flat sprites. That would look cool in VR. 🙂

I think the flat sprites would look pretty rough in VR. I'm not sure how many levels in this mod. But it's kind of like the real 3D Duke we never got.

I think a full port of Duke Nukem 3D for VR would be awesome and easy to do. I don't know if this mod includes the shrink ray. Can you imagine the shrink ray in VR? It was the coolest weapon back in the day. In multiplayer you would shrink someone and they would run around while you try and step on them. Imagine in that in VR! 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

kojack
MVP
MVP

MowTin said:

I think the flat sprites would look pretty rough in VR.
Yep, that's what I want. The sprites would look like cardboard cutouts. 🙂
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Just adding this is a Serious Sam VR mod. A few DN levels recreated. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

kojack
MVP
MVP
There's actually an opengl based remake of the Duke3D engine that can run the full game with original assets. It would be interesting to try porting it to VR, but sadly it's yet another open source game that uses the GPL license, so it isn't legal to use it with the Oculus sdk.

LZoltowski
Champion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFQJL68b-L4
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Evileyes
Rising Star
Very cool!
i9 10900k @ 5200Mhz, 32GB ram, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Need a Tesla? Here is a free 1000 miles in supercharging!
https://ts.la/mark56706

pyroth309
Visionary
Wow, I have serious sam 3 already so I'm going to get this lol.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Sorry @LZoltowski , @MowTin beat you to it, so I merged the threads. 🙂