cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVE Valkyrie

Greyman
Superstar
Well, I have found a "new" game to be addicted to and today is the first time i have played it since back in June, when my Rift first arrived.

I don't know if it is the ASW or the fact that i have become less shy about online PvP, but EVE Valkyrie is awesome.  I get killed a lot, but that's OK, as I'm starting to get my Kills + Assists above my deaths on a fairly regular basis.

If it has been sat "on the shelf" since you got your Rift, go on, give it another go, you might be surprised.
14 REPLIES 14

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
The obession of EV is a sweet loving caress.

Synthetic
Rising Star
try.... House of the Dying Sun on steam then if you  like Valkarie

oculus fully compat

Greyman
Superstar
Ooooo, I just discovered a special treat.  I can get one of the legendary ships, the s-33 Wraith, as a result of the Founders Edition code that came with the Rift.  

As it's effectively a normal Wraith on steroids, it makes combat that much easier and me a happy bunny.  🙂

Greyman
Superstar
Does anyone know if and how you can turn the audio off on the menus when you are sat in the carrier waiting for the matchmaking?   Every time i move my head and my eyes hit a "menu" item, it gives off a tone and after a while it gets very annoying. For me at least.

Greyman
Superstar
OMG, i thought logistics in Eve Online was intense, but you ought to try flying support ships in Eve Valkyrie.  You need a strong neck and eyes in the back of your head, looking for the "i need repairing" crosses.  However, if you get half-way decent, it is certainly a good way to get to the top of the end of battle table and your XP and bank account aren't hurt too much either.

thing is, i'm not sure most of the pilots are actually aware that you saved them from the brink of certain death. They prolly think that their attackers just got bored and left them alone.  There aren't too many times that you get a lock on a ship and start repairing it, that it then dies, but you know if it does, that most of the hostile fire must be on them and the rest of your squad should be picking them off without too much problem.  

I've managed a few rounds where we have only lost one ship and that was usually a fighter that just flew headlong into the hostiles and i couldn't get there before he melted.  I hate it when that happens.  

Go on, give it a try and then tell me its boring.  i dare ya  🙂

DaveR
Protege
Glad you're having fun. EV is sometimes misunderstood because early experiences tend to be much less intense.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I saw an article today discussing the fact that Eve is now on all 3 major VR Platforms: Oculus, Vive, and PSVR.

I'm very happy to hear this. A well deserved success!

falken76
Expert Consultant
I want to get it but it's so expensive.  I hope they have a Black friday sale and it's on the list.  I got Elite instead and I don't like it at all, it's so boring.

Greyman
Superstar
Eve Valkyrie definitely provides more instant gratification and boring is certainly not in its vocabulary.  

I am currently playing the co-op vs AI mode as it tends to be a little more forgiving, although the ability of the AI does seem to vary from round to round.  that is, of course, unless it depends more on the ability of myself and the team i am in.  For example, as a support ship pilot, for some rounds i hardly ever get shot at, yet in others, it seems like open season on supports.  

I strongly suspect, if it is anything like EVE Online, in respect of tactics, in the PvP section, the logisitcs (aka support) will probably be called primary every time.  Get them off the field and the heavy ships will go down pretty fast, with focused fire, and before the support ships get back into the battle.  Maybe those tactics wouldn't work as well as in eve where logistics ships would usually take a fair bit longer to replace.