cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elite Dangerous, Galaxy Map/System Map

Tjames66
Level 3
I played elite a few months back and was really enjoying it, with the holidays I got side tracked. Long story short I fired it up again and the Map is really frustrating, was hoping to get some ideas how others are handling it in VR, maybe I'm just not doing it correct.  I use the mouse to zoom, up/down movement etc. but cannot get any destination clicked to get a route plotted, I end up trying to follow the route and then exit and pick the destination that is closest to me on my right panel, jump and go back and do it again, esp if it is a big jump this gets old.
10 REPLIES 10

TickTock
Level 5
Do you have a HOTAS? Here's my setup:
  • stick for pitch and yaw
  • throttle for zoom in/out
  • a couple buttons on the top of the stick to move up/down
  • simultaneous button on the base+tophat to move forward/back, left/right (use the base button like a shift)
  • top hat to navigate menus
  • fire for select.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
 -Groucho Marx

Tjames66
Level 3
I don't have the HOTAS setup for the map, but I pretty much do everything above with the mouse and that's not a problem, it is the last step, if I click the left mouse button I get nothing, so do i need to set up the hotas trigger to select ? I looked briefly in the control options for the map and there is no execute option to map just directions.

Jokergod2000
Level 5
I use the stick for pitch/yaw, buttons for zoom in/out, and landing thruster finger pot for moving the cursor.

TickTock
Level 5

Tjames66 said:

I don't have the HOTAS setup for the map, but I pretty much do everything above with the mouse and that's not a problem, it is the last step, if I click the left mouse button I get nothing, so do i need to set up the hotas trigger to select ? I looked briefly in the control options for the map and there is no execute option to map just directions.

Interface Mode-->UI Panel Select

"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
 -Groucho Marx

Tjames66
Level 3
I will try the interface mode in controls, also I see the cursor mentioned and in youtube videos I see a round cursor that people are putting over stars, I do not see this in my map, just my mouse pointer moves around and that is what I am trying to click stars with and I get nothing. So am I missing the Cursor ?

TickTock
Level 5
I don't use the mouse so not sure how that works, but yeah, you should see a round disk which you move to the system/planet/moon/settlement of choice.  I assume you also explored the mouse input section of the control setup, right?
 -Groucho Marx

Tjames66
Level 3
Yeah definitely missing the round disk, at work currently so tonight I will be investigating my control setup alot closer, thanks for you help.

bigmike20vt
Level 14
dont use mouse in the galmap in VR. if you have hotas use that, if not use the xbox pad. ED is very controller agnostic so even if you play the game with KB/M you can still configure the pad for the map. the only problem here is OCulus has still not fixed the bug in their software which conflicts with windows, meaning if your pad turns off due to lack of use, it wont turn on again with the oculus software running***

**if anyone has a fix please share
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Tjames66
Level 3
So if I configure my Hotas for the map, the round disk will show up when I open the map ?