cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elite Dangerous on Rift S

JackDiddley
Protege
I was playing Elite Dangerous on my CV1 prior to getting my Rift S.  I find the game unplayable on the Rift S unfortunately. 

While I'm in the cockpit the screen blinks grey and repositions so i am sitting on the floor of the cockpit next to the chair.  I tried resetting the view but it just blinks me back to the floor.  I stood up in the position it was defaulting to so I could land but the screen still kept blinking grey the whole time I was landing.

I cannot find a setting to make this stop.  Is this a known issue or is there something wrong with my settings?
9 REPLIES 9

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I don't have this issue. Do you have this problem only in Elite Dangerous? 

Is this the SteamVR or Oculus store version? 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to start with FX QUALITY = OFF, VOLUMETRIC QUALITY = LOW. Then raise these until you know it won't grey out on you. I think those settings are for the RTX or Photo modes which are too high for VR.

xthedarknight99
Explorer
I have this issue with Elite Dangerous and IRacing. 

Dirtracer40
Explorer
I have the re-positioning issue with PokerstarsVR. I keep "Falling" out of my chair and sitting under the table. 

hhrvoje
Honored Guest
Is there a solution for this? It keeps reseting the position and makes the game unplayable ...

Rylanslater
Honored Guest
I have the re-positioning issue on Elite Dangerous, but the only way I found to avoid it is to reset Guardian with a new configuration on your chair (So Guardian need to be On).

hhrvoje
Honored Guest
I can reset Guardian, but then I have to redo the whole thing for another game, where Im standing, right?
Who's bug is this, ED or Oculus?

Rylanslater
Honored Guest
Yes that's it, also the ''repositioning seated position'' button on steamVR settings never worked for me.

RattyUK
Trustee
I have Reset HMD mapped to a button combination on my HOTAS so that I can be 'sitting comfortably'  then adjust the view as needed.  With the latest (1.40) PTC release setting up Guardian can be skipped which is quite useful as I hang the Touch controllers behind my monitor and they would be at the edge of the boundary and bringing up warnings otherwise.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3