cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Elite Dangerous

bigmike20vt
Level 14
holy hell guys.......... I sm going to sound like a screaming fanboy now but....

I got ED working. No idea why, it just worked when this morning it didnt. it must have been me rushing. but cripes.

This is THE best gaming WOW moment I have ever experienced.

You know that notion of building up a tolerence in the rift... that went right out of the window just with pushing 2 hrs solid in there.

everything is so BIG you just do not get a sense of scale on a monitor (and that is coming from someone who games on a 70 inch)

If I was going to be objective (tough i know!) the resolution is still not ideal, with not all text being usable. This should be fixed for CV1 however. Also the FOV is not an issue in this game because you would wear a helmet anyway right?

I love the rift, and this game is certainly going to be one of the all time greats in it. Any one who owns a rift has to get ED.... should everyone with ED buy a rift? I dunno, maybe not, but they should certainly have a go on a friends and then make their own mind up.

PS I have an ok spec PC, with a heavily overclocked GTX 670 but I run ED on low settings. I will wait till my next gpu before i ramp that up.

oh and if you put your stick roughly where your avatar has his, the tracking on it is perfect so much so i was grinning just waggling my stick!. It was so convincing after a while, so much so when i dropped something off my desk for a couple of seconds i was looking on my cockpit floor for it!!!.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR ๐Ÿ™‚
772 REPLIES 772

flyingwaffle
Level 2
Finally got DCS and E:D judder free - I forced my main monitor to 75Hz (by reducing the resolution until 75Hz becomes available), and also did plug the tracking camera charger into the cable connector box like many recommended.
At low settings DCS runs very smooth - it really brings the sense of being there, even though the graphics look rough in places - I had a blast just flying around doing maneuvers and moving/looking around the cockpit.
That also improved massively my enjoyment of E:D, now it runs judder free in almost all areas (a bit of judder in the space stations).
Carmack and Abrash are right that "VR magic" only happens once you reach a target framerate and lag - it's not a linear effect at all, more like it's there or it's not. So the priority should be on achieving judder-fred 75hz, no matter what the cost is in terms of graphics.

tannim
Level 2
When I run eilte, I get it to start up, but there are 2 cloned images in each eye, instead of the overlap into one screen.

Anyone had this?

thatdude90210
Level 4
"tannim" wrote:
When I run eilte, I get it to start up, but there are 2 cloned images in each eye, instead of the overlap into one screen.

Sounds like you have some sort of injector driver, like VorpX installed, and taking over when it's not supposed to.

tannim
Level 2
it was my resolution. way too low. at 1980 it's great. just need to work on the studder

tannim
Level 2
I managed to bork elite so bad, I had to redownload.

๐Ÿ˜ฎ

MikePio
Level 2
Hey guys! I've been really enjoying my dk2 so far, so I decided to go for the elite dangerous game. I am running an i7 3610qm, 680M graphics card and 16gb of ram. The problem is I can never get low persistence to work ๐Ÿ˜ž even on the lowest settings, I was sure that before purchasing I would at least be able to manage on medium settings... Do you guys think something is wrong with my set up? or is my computer too slow? thank you all ๐Ÿ˜„

sobchak
Level 2
"MikePio" wrote:
I can never get low persistence to work ๐Ÿ˜ž even on the lowest setting

People are thinking the next Elite: Dangerous patch will help with these things. Low persistence, less 'judder' (I think those two are related), and Direct to Rift mode are hopefully being added soon, as they haven't yet integrated DK2 support into Elite: Dangerous.

MikePio
Level 2
"sobchak" wrote:
"MikePio" wrote:
I can never get low persistence to work ๐Ÿ˜ž even on the lowest setting

People are thinking the next Elite: Dangerous patch will help with these things. Low persistence, less 'judder' (I think those two are related), and Direct to Rift mode are hopefully being added soon, as they haven't yet integrated DK2 support into Elite: Dangerous.

Ahhhhh ok... well that makes me feel more optimistic. I never knew how important it was to have low persistance working before I bought the DK2. If don't get the 75fps it really ruins the whole experience, making me just quit the game. So hopefully this will be resolved and I can get some extra FPS. Waiting for the patch then...

Solmors
Level 2
Anyone else have the problem where your mouse has limited movement range. It's like my mouse is stuck in a box half the size of the screen.

Everything else works great, and I was having a lot of fun until I crashed my ship and can't hit confirm because the button is just out of my mouse range.

uvflyer
Level 2
NVM