Consultant
You can get it here : https://t.co/7W8113ys8X?amp=1
More information here : https://twitter.com/eyeofthetemple

Looks like quite a fun game.

16 REPLIES 16

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
OK, I just tried out the free Steam Demo (full version reported to be out later this year) with my Quest wireless w/Virtual Desktop.  This actually worked very well and the graphics are pretty impressive, esp. for Quest wireless. 

Pretty easy to center myself with either the Oculus button or SteamVR dashboard.  I'm also in Developer mode so I just got temporarily got rid of Guardian.  You obviously need to make sure you have plenty of room if you do this.

Lots more play space (~3x3m) in my adjacent TV room (where I have my router anyway so always best place for me).  Like Rune said, you def need at least 2x2m.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to get used to physically walking around and stepping on blocks/logs.  Once these start moving longer distances I just about fall on my a$$ every time.  I think I'd need a Big-Boy-Baby-Walker to play this game, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

TomCgcmfc said:

OK, I just tried out the free Steam Demo (full version reported to be out later this year) with my Quest wireless w/Virtual Desktop.  This actually worked very well and the graphics are pretty impressive, esp. for Quest wireless. 

Pretty easy to center myself with either the Oculus button or SteamVR dashboard.  I'm also in Developer mode so I just got temporarily got rid of Guardian.  You obviously need to make sure you have plenty of room if you do this.

Lots more play space (~3x3m) in my adjacent TV room (where I have my router anyway so always best place for me).  Like Rune said, you def need at least 2x2m.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to get used to physically walking around and stepping on blocks/logs.  Once these start moving longer distances I just about fall on my a$$ every time.  I think I'd need a Big-Boy-Baby-Walker to play this game, lol!

Lol, this game actually takes VR to new levels/limits - and you easily find out why other devs did not do that  😄 You also need strong VR legs for this game - much like Windlands I guess. 

For those who don't have a spare CV1 cable and use CV1, especially with the cable lying on the floor, not sure I'd recommend this game. Even being careful I stepped on the Index cable a few times and it did get twisted due to much turning (but easy to untwist afterwards). 

My play space is more 1.5 x 4 meters - limited by a couch (so my arms have like 2.2 x 4 meters). I like to use that couch for leaning sideways in V-Racer Hoverbike and more - but in Eye of the Temple the couch isn't my friend anymore  :#

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Full game arriving Oct 14 after 5 years in development. But there's just 1 dev. Alyx may have taken 4 years with up to 80 devs. 

Some of us asked the dev to add turning by the use of a controller, but he refuses, you can only turn by turning your whole body. And you need to walk with your real feet - there's no teleport or locomotion, and no snap or smooth turning. I couldn't even recenter the demo - centering was fixed according to my room setup. You really cannot play this game if you don't have at least 2 x 2 meters of clear floor space (about 6 x 6 feet). I have about 2.5 x 3 meters, but at waist height, because I have a couch in the room - and that couch may provide some invisible obstacle in the temple, lol:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/589940/Eye_of_the_Temple/

https://www.roadtovr.com/eye-temple-release-date-trailer/

eye-of-the-temple.jpg

eye-of-the-temple-puzzle.jpg

  

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

The game is out on Steam today, but requires a 2 x 2 meters play area (= 6 x 6 feet). Also there is no native Oculus driver support. Launch trailer with Anaburn:

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Really pathetic to watch - but this post about Eye of the Temple now has more than 1,500 upvotes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/virtualreality/comments/q80xia/my_roomscale_vr_adventure_eye_of_the_temple_...

In this big Reddit VR forum, Lone Echo 2 has gotten much less attention and upvotes due to many disliking Facebook. So you would think a game like Eye of the Temple would get tons of support, also indicated by the 1.5k upvotes? Unfortunately for the dev (there's only one) it seems the large crowd is all tire kickers - on Steam the game only has 18 ratings. Upvotes are free, getting the real game and supporting the dev is not. Really laughable to see so many upvotes and no one buys anything. Many do the talk, so extremely few do the walk... 

Now I might have to buy the game even if I really don't like it and I don't have the play space for it - but just to support PCVR, sigh... 

Or may be not all of those 1.5 real? ;))

2 by 2 may be limiter so.... 

Note that I made a new thread for the full game here - it's an awesome game: 

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Games-and-Apps/Eye-of-the-Temple-full-game-is-out-after-5-years-in-th...