cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F1 2017, no VR? Common CodeMasters

RedRizla
Level 16
I saw a thread on Steam about some people been annoyed that F1 2017 hasn't included VR. What is it with CodeMasters? They make an excellent job of implementing VR into Rally game and now they seem to have abandoned VR? I hope they change their minds because a lot of racing fans have gone the VR route now. Racing while sat in a car is great, but racing sat in your bedroom is boring now. VR allows you to sit in the car and not your bedroom.
28 REPLIES 28

bigmike20vt
Level 14
They screwed over PC users by saying vr support in future titles depended on number of sales of dirt rally vr dlc on PS4 :(. Fool me once shame on you... Fool me twice yada yada yada . I bought grid autosport as it advertised vr support. It got dropped. I won't buy any more codies title on a "maybe " firm vr support or no sale.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RedRizla
Level 16
I heard their excuse that there would be to much going on on screen and that's why they ditched VR. Obviously, they haven't flown the A10C, in DCS World, where there's far more going on than in F1 racing on screen. Company's like CodeMaster need to implement things like VR for it be a success instead of waiting to see how many headsets are sold. They didn't make movies around how many dvd players were sold. They were sold on tape and dvd for dvd players to become popular. Headsets need good games CodeMasters ya plonkers.

@bigmike - I won't be buying either until VR is in, but I don't think they will add it to this game.

Zenbane
Level 16
CodeMasters needs to change their name until they properly master writing VR code.

Percy1983
Level 9
No VR, no buy...
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

Oops01
Level 4

Percy1983 said:

No VR, no buy...

Me as well, I absolutely love f1 games and would jump at the chance to play this game and by all accounts, it a very well made game but no VR no BUY!!!

We should start a petition like the alien one maybe that might help?

JohnnyDioxin
Level 11
Codemasters are common?

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

RedRizla
Level 16

Oops01 said:

Percy1983 said:

No VR, no buy...

Me as well, I absolutely love f1 games and would jump at the chance to play this game and by all accounts, it a very well made game but no VR no BUY!!!

There was around 600 posts in the Steam discussion about it. The title was called "No VR No Buy." Then Codemasters give people a glimmer of hope by saying they might look at it later. More like try to sell the game to those who want VR and then say later on that they aren't adding it. I won't fall for the devs that say this because I've been there and done that and no VR was added later on

Percy1983
Level 9

lovethis said:

Oops01 said:

Percy1983 said:

No VR, no buy...

There was around 600 posts in the Steam discussion about it. The title was called "No VR No Buy." Then Codemasters give people a glimmer of hope by saying they might look at it later. More like try to sell the game to those who want VR and then say later on that they aren't adding it. I won't fall for the devs that say this because I've been there and done that and no VR was added later on

Might end up the chicken and egg, they don't add VR as there isn't enough sales, but there isn't enough sales as there is no VR.

I can't go back to a flat screen for racing.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

Lemming1970
Level 8

Percy1983 said:

No VR, no buy...

Ditto. 
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz