cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Sharing Across Multiple Devices

Randy.A.Thomas
Honored Guest

Meta/Oculus Developers need to create a true Family Sharing platform that would allow a parent or family member to purchase a game or app one time.  Then be able to push it to the rest of the family across multiple devices. ie More than one headset. 

I have 2 kids and each has their own Quest 2.  I shouldn't have to purchase the same game/app twice in order for them both to play it on their headsets. Having a family share plan would make it fair and easy to load purchases across all the families' headsets, allowing for a better multiplayer experience.

This concept is nothing new... Other competitors in the industry have already been doing this for years.  It is only right that Meta/Oculus follows suit.

22 REPLIES 22

So let's say you have 2 devices with the same primary account and enable app sharing on one of the devices.

Then the primary account opens a free game, like gorilla tag on the device without app sharing and a secondary account on a device opens gorilla tag on the other device with app sharing. This also fails.

But then the secondary account "buys" gorilla tag for free and wants to start it own purchased gorilla tag game, but no, this still fails because meta are too stupid to understand when the secondary account also owns the game, then this extremely annoying pop up and performance downgrade features should not interfere. 

We also bought a second device as the official statements on oculus website stated that apps could run on multiple devices at the same time, as long as it was not run by the same account on the 2 devices.

I would also like a refund. The only reason we bought the quest was due to the family share aspect. 

This is false. You sucked lots of people into buying headsets with the understanding that family share was a major feature. The only reason I bough my kids headset was because of family share.  

you really pulled the rug out on your Customers. I think we should be able to get a refund for our headsets. This was false advertising. 

sarloukel
Explorer

I haven't used my quest in over a month. I honestly thought this issue would have been ironed out by now. I have 2 quests for 1 reason only and that is for the family sharing option that was available when first purchased. It worked perfectly, we played games together. I even bought a second copy of Zenith on the other headset but it still doesn't work so obviously there is an underlying coding issue that needs a programmer to look at. If not solved I will be requesting a full refund due to an upgrade version of software that has nullified my purchases. @admin

Oculus this is not cool. I have 2 children who play on my Oculus multiple games. As a family (and the owner of the games) I should not have to re buy for each of my kids. Fix it. 

I just bought my Second Quest 2 Today and I bought the original Rift when it came out at $700... This system is NOT inclusive and has been marketed as being so, as to boost sales. The idea being that you could have FAMILY using these games without having to take off the headset every 2 minutes to give it to someone else. It was also my understanding that I would be able to purchase games and actually have a family game night, of sorts....Fix it or I WILL get my money back, for all 3 systems, nevermind the money spent buying the PC to run the original Rift when it came out....again, just fix it. Everyone here seems to love the device enough to care, not just return it...maybe you should think about that.

PS. Microsoft isn't going to stay out of the commercial headset game forever, not with their software acquisitions; I'd be a little more concerned about fixing the easy stuff instead of jacking the price of a product that is now, not as advertised. You have a good product....and lousy PR...GET ON IT!

MollySkyeBrown
Explorer

It’s getting ridiculous this isn’t n place yet. We’ve had 3 oculus now for 2 years and have YET to be able to play together as a family. THE LITERAL REASON FOR THE PURCHASES!

Same for Wander. Had it purchased on two devices and now one is just missing!

Unacceptable…

Do we need a class action suit @MetaQuestSupport