cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Farlands support group

snappahead
Expert Protege
I'm playing Farlands and really enjoying it, but I'm having some trouble. I get the feeling I won't be the only one as some of the things in it aren't very well explained...at least, not to me. I have a few questions to those who've gotten to the end.

It says I'm missing a good number of bugs and fish, but I've been to the same areas a hundred times and keep finding the same stuff. How do I get the others? 

I never have "basic meal", but I always have the others. What is basic meal and how do you get it?

I have creatures wanting white fruit, but I can't find any. Is that locked to the last couple areas? I'm at the Hive right now at level 7.

In the Hive...WTF? I'm lost here. I've gone through all of my fruit and nothing's happening.

That's about all I can think of right now. Any help is appreciated.
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti
92 REPLIES 92

snappahead
Expert Protege
The game's really great IMO. I don't see enough people talking about it, so if you're one of the people ignoring it, give it a shot. It might surprise you. It's really well made.

dinoroger
Adventurer
I am also having trouble with the bugs. The little robot says get the camera ready for a new bug but I never see it.

snappahead
Expert Protege

dinoroger said:

I am also having trouble with the bugs. The little robot says get the camera ready for a new bug but I never see it.

You can listen for the little noises they make and that can help find them. They're hard to spot sometimes, but once you can hear the general direction, you can find them eventually. So far, all of the bugs I've found have been on rocks and not on anything else. My problem is that it's always the same bugs I've discovered already.

Jokergod2000
Adventurer
Yeah the directional Audio for the bugs is FANTASTIC. You just keep listening for them on rocks.

The white fruit is made by planning other fruits in the (can't remember the name but it's the top right). Fertilize them for 3 days and then a orange one of the guys from the beach comes and can spray stuff on them. They turn white and can be picked. Just did that last night. I only have access to two levels so I wonder if there is a better way to get XP than to feed the critters and scan?

Kalec84
Heroic Explorer
The wite fruit are in the garden, plant some normal fruit and wait for them to grow, than you will receive a visit... i won't telle anithing more 😛 

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar

@snappahead Is this the thread for people addicted to Farlands?  If so, sign me up!

Hello, I am ThreeDee and I am a Farlandsaholic. 

i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar

On topic - I think I was catching basic meal's out of the ocean in the first area.  I had a couple in my inventory.

Figuring out ways to get more points out of the scans definitely helps.  Finding different creature mannerisms and getting multiple creatures in a shot really helps the points.  Watch the creatures closely to try and get a shot of every different mannerism.  And pick fruit whenever possible.  It will grow back eventually, but that of course takes time.

Different bugs will appear in the same areas at different times of the day, so be sure to re-check the same areas and listen for the insect noises.

i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

snappahead
Expert Protege
Thanks for the feedback guys.  I'll keep working at the garden.

TDV, do you know if it's a specific fish that gives "basic meal"?

The time of day thing is tough because I'm not able to play in the mornings.

And what's going on with the Hive? I got nothing. I fill the weird juice sacks until they can't get any bigger and I've scanned everything I can see to scan, but nothing happens. I have the toy, but can't use it.

Sesheron
Explorer
basic meal is just common fish.  keep fishing, not in bubbles just calm water to get them

bugs are very tiny. don't expect to see them from more than a few feet away.