cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fit XR Free Free Trail - Will not allot you to cancel until its too late

uhavnoidea47
Honored Guest

Fit XR Free Free Trail - Will not allot you to cancel until its too late
I signed up for a 7 day free trial with FitXR. although the app is decent I decided it was not the right time for me to sign up for the yearly/monthly subscription. I logged on to attempt to cancel before being charged and did not see the option. So I reached out to Oculus support and was told "it seems like since you're still on the free trial, you still aren't able to cancel it. No worries, I can offer you a different solution! Once your free trial ends, we can refund it as soon as you're charged and then we can re-do the steps to cancel the subscription." 
The whole point of wanted to cancel before being charged was so I would not be charged. Very disappointing. 

3 REPLIES 3

JB1509
Honored Guest

Thank you! I have the same experience. They say it easy to cancel BUT! Actually i only want to cancel in order to see how serious Meta is. I want to get out Saber and Tai Chi and Fight (Boxing) even if i don‘t get my money back i want to make sure i have canceled. Otherwise i will never purchase again. Anyone who can help? Is there an email support? Best Jens 

Hello there! Trying out an app before committing to payments is really important part of any subscription based application, let us provide some information! App subscriptions are cancelable before the free trial ends. It is intended that you can cancel a free trial right after singing up for it. Unless the developer specifically makes it not work, you should still have access to the subscription until the first billing date, which if cancelled, will not charge your payment method.

Depending on where you signed up for the trial, you may have to go to different places to cancel any plans. For example, if you signed up for a subscription from the app developer themselves, bypassing any Meta payment systems, you would likely have to go to their website to cancel it. Subscriptions purchased (or trials started) through the Meta store, can be cancelled a number of ways, see: Canceling your app subscription. Also, you can check your active subscriptions here: https://secure.oculus.com/my/subscriptions

@JB1509, when did you start your trial? If you started it already, you should be good to cancel it now and have access until the first billing date. If you are unable to, please send us a message so we can investigate.

You can send us a message from our Profile Page at any time by selecting "send a message" so that we can investigate what we can as needed. We hope to hear from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there, @JB1509! We just wanted to check in and see if you still needed assistance. If you do, please feel free to send us a private message, and we'll be happy to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!