cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game bought in headset not showing up in PC store. Quest 2.

BrieCheeseWheel
Level 2
Title explains my predicament. I put on my Quest 2 headset and bought Beat Saber, i then went into the pc oculus store and could not locate it. Any ideas on whats happening? 
Thank you!
7 REPLIES 7

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Hey there! If you purchased the title within the headset, you would have bought it through the Quest Experiences store, saving to the Quest library. When connected to Link, you're then accessing the Rift library. Because Beat Saber is not a cross-buy eligible title, this means that you'll need to either purchase the game again for Rift, or disconnect from Link to play it. -Kassidy

Sholk7
Level 2

I purchased Elven Assassin and Arizona Sunshine on the Oculus store on my PC. I own a quest 2 and a Rift S, havn't used the RIft S in over a year and I just bought my quest 2 before Christmas. I was not asked what platform I was purchasing them for but apparently it was assumed I was buying for the 2 year old headset instead of the brand new one. "IF YOU BUY HERE YOU CANNOT DOWNLOAD ON HEADSET", something like that would be nice. Both my headsets show up on my Oculus store on my PC, how was I supposed to know that I was buying a version that could never be installed on my quest 2?  How was I supposed to know that I would have to buy it again within the headset if I wanted to play without the link cable? I understand when I bought a game for my RIFT S that it might not cross over. I was tricked into buying more games for a 2 year old headset that I don't use. 

I bought games on the Quest 2 headset and they are not showing up in purchases on the PC app, even though the Quest 2 is showing up under Devices in the PC app.  If the PC app is the Rift library, then is there a Quest 2 PC app?  Doesn't the headset and the PC communicate and sync when the link cable is plugged in?  Why does this all have to be so difficult?

I am.. absolutely baffled. Why would you make people buy the same game twice? That is VERY morally suspect.

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

They're two different versions of the game for two different platforms. When you buy a game on PC, do you automatically get the Xbox version?

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Right, but that doesn't include every game on Xbox and PC, only the ones that support Play Anywhere. Oculus offers Cross-Buy, which is literally the same thing. It's up to each developer to decide whether they want to support cross-buy. Many titles do (see the list here), but like Play Anywhere, not all games are included.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2