cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game bought in headset not showing up in PC store. Quest 2.

BrieCheeseWheel
Honored Guest
Title explains my predicament. I put on my Quest 2 headset and bought Beat Saber, i then went into the pc oculus store and could not locate it. Any ideas on whats happening? 
Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey there! If you purchased the title within the headset, you would have bought it through the Quest Experiences store, saving to the Quest library. When connected to Link, you're then accessing the Rift library. Because Beat Saber is not a cross-buy eligible title, this means that you'll need to either purchase the game again for Rift, or disconnect from Link to play it. -Kassidy
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey there! If you purchased the title within the headset, you would have bought it through the Quest Experiences store, saving to the Quest library. When connected to Link, you're then accessing the Rift library. Because Beat Saber is not a cross-buy eligible title, this means that you'll need to either purchase the game again for Rift, or disconnect from Link to play it. -Kassidy
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Sholk7
Explorer

I purchased Elven Assassin and Arizona Sunshine on the Oculus store on my PC. I own a quest 2 and a Rift S, havn't used the RIft S in over a year and I just bought my quest 2 before Christmas. I was not asked what platform I was purchasing them for but apparently it was assumed I was buying for the 2 year old headset instead of the brand new one. "IF YOU BUY HERE YOU CANNOT DOWNLOAD ON HEADSET", something like that would be nice. Both my headsets show up on my Oculus store on my PC, how was I supposed to know that I was buying a version that could never be installed on my quest 2?  How was I supposed to know that I would have to buy it again within the headset if I wanted to play without the link cable? I understand when I bought a game for my RIFT S that it might not cross over. I was tricked into buying more games for a 2 year old headset that I don't use. 

I bought games on the Quest 2 headset and they are not showing up in purchases on the PC app, even though the Quest 2 is showing up under Devices in the PC app.  If the PC app is the Rift library, then is there a Quest 2 PC app?  Doesn't the headset and the PC communicate and sync when the link cable is plugged in?  Why does this all have to be so difficult?

I am.. absolutely baffled. Why would you make people buy the same game twice? That is VERY morally suspect.

They're two different versions of the game for two different platforms. When you buy a game on PC, do you automatically get the Xbox version?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Right, but that doesn't include every game on Xbox and PC, only the ones that support Play Anywhere. Oculus offers Cross-Buy, which is literally the same thing. It's up to each developer to decide whether they want to support cross-buy. Many titles do (see the list here), but like Play Anywhere, not all games are included.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

The issue i see here isn't really a traditional cross buy/cross platform issue. One is using the Oculus quest headset in both cases. You shouldn't have to rebuy any title dependent on whether you are playing wirelessly or wired into a PC. It's the same device either way, it's not like you are swapping headset types/companies.

I recently started doing research around this topic and making sure im not buying things in the wrong spot. If something is bought within an Oculus store/app, it should always then be available on that VR imo. The Oculus program on PC doesn't even specify the store being a Rift platform store, for all i know its the same thing as when i log in through my headset. Yet it's apparently not. At the end of the day they should really specify things bought in the Oculus VR app on the headset might not transfer to the oculus pc app, and vise versa - because the naming and branding make it seem like its just a linked store. Someone coming in new to VR, its kind of counter intuitive. Something bought in the oculus store app on pc, phone, & in headset for the quest you'd think would be linked.

So glad i didn't buy anything that forced me to connect to my PC to play simply because i bought it there. One of the reasons i chose an oculus quest was the independent from PC capabilities.

so i bought blades and sorcery through the quest 2 headset and im now trying to mod it through my pc but cant because i dont have it on the rift store. what can i do?