cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Lost in Nature with Luke - best ever VR photogrammetry?

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

This is my new reference for VR photogrammetry - and it's free!

Get this free awesome experience here:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/3507999942601704/?ranking_trace=1943584525923090_35079999426...

My review from the Store:

Best photogrammetry in VR?

I'm very thankful for the unique experiences - Claustral Canyon was great, Flume Gorge too - and especially Pompeii. But this one is my new reference, even if the content is limited. Looks great in solid 90 fps using Rift CV1 ss 2.0, but really blew my mind Revived using Index res 200%. Still got solid 90 fps with the Index - using a GTX 1080. You cannot travel as far as in let's say Pompeii or Claustral Canyon, but this app is free - and I've never seen better quality (using Index) - everything simply looks real, and I bet Quest 2 and Rift-S users may have a similar experience. Even Blue Planet VR didn't impress me more. I'm thankful to Luke Farrer for bringing such awesome moments to VR. Especially in these Covid-19 times, where seeing the real thing isn't easy (or impossible). Also such apps may be of great importance for persons having difficulties walking - or for those needing calm places to find peace of mind. 10/10 - especially considering the price 😉 This would easily be worth 10 bucks to me. And no, Farrer didn't pay me to write this review and sell more free stuff 😉

Unavngivet.JPG

Unav34et.JPG

U5givet.JPG

Una45vngivet.JPG

U45navngivet.JPG

     

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

2 REPLIES 2

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

Will try this with revive and report back G2 styleee.

Yeh works great with Revive. My only complaints about this is. Option to mute the bloody music please. Completely kills the ambience. Second, bad idea to include matrix like glitching people and static birds in shot. Kind of removes the belief that you are there.  Still, really nice experience and great that it includes full motion elements.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

There is big icon for turning off music (or turning it on), it's placed together with the Home icon (and a few other icons, these about 4 icons are placed vertically). Of course maybe it doesn't work on all maps, but it does work on all I've tested.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"