cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half Life: Alyx

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer

I am really looking forward to this. Sure it isn't Half Life 3 but it's something huge for VR.
911 REPLIES 911

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Looks like full finger tracking to me 😉 Shots are full size - click to enlarge. 

xeq63cg6f2qa.jpg
0nrrdt7g958u.jpg
vqf72pa356ed.jpg
8x4s3xoqbq8k.jpg
y4fxmozv7mof.jpg
y3f973tsbj46.jpg
wm0tojfelwiq.jpg
rqad8rl7y3od.jpg
96vwva09k8zw.jpg
2rabldxrg7fp.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Shadowmask72 said:

You may shower me with likes and awesomes as you wish...
Yes master
Be good, die great !

nalex66
MVP
MVP
So that was Eli Vance, right? Have they retconned the ending of HL2:Ep2?

Edit: No, it's set between HL1 and HL2. That's cool, there's a whole bunch of missing lore explaining what happened before HL2--it'll be nice to see that fleshed out a little.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Looks quite high-res to me  ❤️ 

iw8vlwgnnb75.jpg
0zs655lm13w7.jpg
zf13rvtmyhpr.jpg
6ukcuyhzf5ss.jpg

Only thing that slightly bothers me is lack of arms and body - but then again it'll allow for better performance and/or for the devs to push more polys in the environment.

And yes, really looks like the most awesome VR game ever - even (a lot) better than Lone Echo! Never thought I should write that, lol! 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Come on RuneSR2 even with your Index fanboy glasses on you and I both know the game isn't going to look as good as those screenshots or 1440p trailer. There might be a bit of  Valve trying to reel-in the uninformed masses by making it look that good.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Come on RuneSR2 even with your Index fanboy glasses on you and I both know the game isn't going to look as good as those screenshots or 1440p trailer. There might be a bit of  Valve trying to reel-in the uninformed masses by making it look that good.

Sure it will res 200% 3080 Ti, lol - but it's the same for Stormland and Asgard's Wrath, of course the image quality won't be the same as a high-res trailer, but I do think it might be the best we've yet to see. Some dude said that the Source engine is able to switch from 2K-ish to 4K-ish textures when you get close - like used in The Lab Robot Repair. 

RattyUK
Trustee

KlodsBrik said:

Shadowmask72 said:

You may shower me with likes and awesomes as you wish...
Yes master

That's supposed to be:

"Yeth Mathter...."
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
It's very sporting of Valve to be advertising their competitors headsets!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Protocol7 said:

It's very sporting of Valve to be advertising their competitors headsets!

Agreed, but I don't think Valve ever wanted a walled garden, if they did they could have removed all Oculus hmds from Steam a long time ago. 

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee

Offcourse they do !
 And it doesnt matter. The finale product will end up in consumers hands, and thats what really sells the product.
 Valve has actually caught me by surprise with this marketing model.
 Might actually turn out to be something speciel, as with what half-life did in the first place, turning fps nto something we could have never imagined a clone could do at that time.

Im surprised, and I love being surprised Heart
Be good, die great !