cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half Life: Alyx

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer

I am really looking forward to this. Sure it isn't Half Life 3 but it's something huge for VR.
911 REPLIES 911

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

JeremyC85 said:

Yea, that's the one thing that I'm worried about. 15 hours is very short and I know its going to leave me wanting more! Especially after finishing the masterpiece of Asgard's Wrath at just over 55 hours and getting near the end of available content in the excellent steam horror game Dement at about 35 hours...

15 hours just seems like a tease!

If you got 55 hours out of Asgard's Wrath, which I think is estimated taking about 30 hours to complete, maybe you'll get 25-27 hours from Alyx 😉
I'm probably at 12 hours in Stormland and maybe like 50-70% through the game, which is estimated taking 8 hours to complete :blush:
The estimated times are for speedrunning 😉

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

I guess it depends how open-world the game will be and whether you have optional things to do like side-quests or interactions... weapons customisation or trading, having a choice of places to hang-out and customise.
Previous Half-Lifes (Half-Lives?) tend to be quite linear from what I remember, nowhere near as strictly scripted as say Call of Duty games but fairly limited in what you can do outside of the storyline.

I think I know what to expect really so just tempering my expectations at this point so I'm not disappointed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

JeremyC85 said:

Yea, that's the one thing that I'm worried about. 15 hours is very short and I know its going to leave me wanting more! Especially after finishing the masterpiece of Asgard's Wrath at just over 55 hours and getting near the end of available content in the excellent steam horror game Dement at about 35 hours...

15 hours just seems like a tease!

I probably have that much time in Asgard's Wrath already and am no where near completion.
I keep getting stuck trying to figure out how to proceed. Love the game but it is a heck of a challenge for me.

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
Yea, I've always been one to take my time and explore in a game. Im sure half life will be no different!

Luciferous
Consultant
I always seem to take twice as long as the play time estimates. I am however a habitual non finisher of games.

It has to be pretty special for me to persevere to the end. Stormlands was amazing but once the game play got repetitive that was the end for me. 

Sometimes a game packed with quality rather than quantity can be just teh ticket.

I would love a S&S version of Day Z though. oh yeah... Eyeing up Jeremy's suggestion of Dement.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
My S&S playtime was 24 hours. That's across two saves. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Another picture from my future vacation 😉

9hltxix4h7qg.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I said before - this game doesn't end once you beat the game - they're lunching the game engine along with it. That means mods and mods of this game will come out as well. Thus - you should have many many more hours even after the main game just like HF and HF2. All the mods will tell a different story and have different game play elements as well from basic HF clones to full on scary stories. It takes a while sure, but I mean stuff like that comes out pretty quickly if people have fun playing the main game:3

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
managed to convince wife that its now time to get a new graphics card so will be preordering as soon as she confirms shipment of card !!!! looks like ive now got easter sorted out !!! mwhahahaha

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

managed to convince wife that its now time to get a new graphics card so will be preordering as soon as she confirms shipment of card !!!! looks like ive now got easter sorted out !!! mwhahahaha

Which card you gettin ?
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.