cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half Life: Alyx

Protocol7
Level 7

I am really looking forward to this. Sure it isn't Half Life 3 but it's something huge for VR.
890 REPLIES 890

RuneSR2
Level 16
Looks awesome, after Jeff we can all use a drink  😄 

https://youtu.be/mVQNMmnIqMo


https://twitter.com/skilful/status/1265875309980643329

The again replaying the whole game just for this.... Hmmmm... 

i7 7700K (4.5GHz); MSI GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100MHz gpu boost, 11GHz mem speed); 16GB 3200MHz; MSI Z270I (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 961 NVMe 128GB (OS) + Samsung 860 4TB SSD (games) + Toshiba P300 HDD 3TB (games); Win10; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 using super sampling 2.0.      "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Level 16
Even though I more or less had all the pictures, just spent like 10 hours writing a review of Alyx, which probably no one will read  😞 It's in Danish, but there're 50 pictures  o:) 

http://www.hardwaretidende.dk/hard/artikel/20/05/26/5203109

Guess I've now done my part for local VR adoption this year  o:) 

Hmmm, should I update it due to the bottles... Sigh 😉

i7 7700K (4.5GHz); MSI GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100MHz gpu boost, 11GHz mem speed); 16GB 3200MHz; MSI Z270I (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 961 NVMe 128GB (OS) + Samsung 860 4TB SSD (games) + Toshiba P300 HDD 3TB (games); Win10; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 using super sampling 2.0.      "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"

McNutts
Level 5

RuneSR2 said:

Even though I more or less had all the pictures, just spent like 10 hours writing a review of Alyx, which probably no one will read  😞 It's in Danish, but there're 50 pictures  o:) 

http://www.hardwaretidende.dk/hard/artikel/20/05/26/5203109

Guess I've now done my part for local VR adoption this year  o:) 

Hhmmm, should I update it due to the botles... Sigh 😉


I think you need to increase the quality of the screen shots you're using on that site. They all seem to have a lot of compression artifacts. In this day and age there really isn't any reason to compress images that much.The screen shots really do a dis-service to the graphics of Half Life: ALyx IMHO. 
Main PC: AMD Ryzen 7 3800x @ 4.5GHz all cores | Noctua NH-D15S with 2 Fans | GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ULTRA |  32GB DDR4@3600 | EVGA 2080 Super XC Ultra | OS(Win 10 Pro) - 250GB NVMe WD Black | Games - 1TB NVMe Samsung 970 EVO Plus | 4TB Seagate Barracuda | Case - NZXT H510i | PSU - CORSAIR RMx Series 850W Gold |
Plex Server: i7-3770K@4.5GHz | 16GB | 250GB SSD | 2x4TB WD Black HDs | EVGA 980 ti
VR Headsets: Rift S | 128GB Quest | 64GB Go | PSVR | Valve Index after 8-100 weeks

RuneSR2
Level 16

McNutts said:


RuneSR2 said:

Even though I more or less had all the pictures, just spent like 10 hours writing a review of Alyx, which probably no one will read  😞 It's in Danish, but there're 50 pictures  o:) 

http://www.hardwaretidende.dk/hard/artikel/20/05/26/5203109

Guess I've now done my part for local VR adoption this year  o:) 

Hhmmm, should I update it due to the botles... Sigh 😉


I think you need to increase the quality of the screen shots you're using on that site. They all seem to have a lot of compression artifacts. In this day and age there really isn't any reason to compress images that much.The screen shots really do a dis-service to the graphics of Half Life: ALyx IMHO. 



Thanks for the feedback - it's to keep down the size of the page, it's about 5MB right now. I'll try to use less aggressive compression next time! (Might look better on a phone or tablet)

i7 7700K (4.5GHz); MSI GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100MHz gpu boost, 11GHz mem speed); 16GB 3200MHz; MSI Z270I (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 961 NVMe 128GB (OS) + Samsung 860 4TB SSD (games) + Toshiba P300 HDD 3TB (games); Win10; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 using super sampling 2.0.      "Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"

FieldOfVision
Level 7

RuneSR2 said:

Looks awesome, after Jeff we can all use a drink  😄 

https://youtu.be/mVQNMmnIqMo


https://twitter.com/skilful/status/1265875309980643329

The again replaying the whole game just for this.... Hmmmm... 



I'd like to see someone make a video like this, but in real life. Lmao.

 
Latest VR game: Crazy Kung Fu
Other games: www.FieldOf.Vision

Luciferous
Level 12
Just follow people home from AA meetings 🙂

snowdog
Level 16
So I've avoided this thread like COVID-19 cos I don't want to see any spoilers but now I've started to play the game and I've found an issue with the controls.

My stick goes into opposite mode lol ??

Anyone else have this problem? Tends to happen whenever I walk into things. I also had a similar problem playing Half Life 1 VR Mod too.

No problems playing any other games so I know it isn't a controller issue.

Is it just me that's having this problem?
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

snowdog
Level 16
No idea how I caused that but it was a bug, I'm pretty sure I had a similar experience in the 90s playing the original game but with ladders.

Started a new game and everything is working fine so far.

The only complaint I have so far is this:

Where the FUCK is my fucking crowbar ffs!!! ???

"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
They actively punish you for melee reflexes. Your guns seem to count as part of your body, so if you try to hit a headcrab in mid jump with your gun, it hurts you rather than it.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

lensmandave
Level 9

kojack said:

They actively punish you for melee reflexes. Your guns seem to count as part of your body, so if you try to hit a headcrab in mid jump with your gun, it hurts you rather than it.


yep, but you can catch a headcrab with one hand and finish it off with round in the gut  >:)
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.