cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half Life: Alyx

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer

I am really looking forward to this. Sure it isn't Half Life 3 but it's something huge for VR.
911 REPLIES 911

Agreed, but at the moment I'd be more than happy for whatever content Valve launches as their next VR title, as I don't worry about quality with Valve.

I just hope we don't have to wait until 2024-2025 before Valve makes new VR content... 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I will tell ya I am about ready for another playthrough of Alyx myself. Dang I love that game!

And it so rocks with the Knuckles controllers and Lighthouse 2.0 tracking.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

A new and potentially awesome Alyx level has been released - through the workshop:

More info here: https://uploadvr.com/loco-motive-alyx/

Hmmm, not easy to choose - I probably should be out walking the dog in the Blair Witch woods tonight, but I also have a giant carrier to command on an alien planet - and now Alyx, I'm getting stressed! 😬 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Anonymous
Not applicable

Woohoo yet more Alyx goodness!

Yeah 🙂 I also need to finish C17YSCAPE - but I used too much ammo and right now I'm in a really tight spot in that level, doesn't really motivate me to got back into that fire, lol. Might have to go back a few steps if I have the save games available 🤔 🍀 

With the RTX 3090 the door is also open to some Alyx BioShock, performance with those levels was not so great with the GTX 1080. I still don't appreciate no new enemies and just having to shoot more combine soldiers in new environments. Seems devs are working on bringing more new enemies back, including Big Daddy though... 

https://uploadvr.com/half-life-alyx-bioshock-mod-chapter-ii

30bbc4f5c84f48f7adcc3c3a-1000x625.jpg

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

New potentially ultra-awesome custom map - join the Combine! 😎 👍👌

But, wait ... who or what will you then shoot? 🤔 🤣 Maybe the trailer will tell... 

More info here: 

https://uploadvr.com/alyx-goon-squad-map/

Get it here - it's free:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2239219663

PS. There's also --- Lego! 😮

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Weekend Deal - save 40% on Alyx 😮

https://store.steampowered.com/app/546560/HalfLife_Alyx/

ss_6868ae1644628f857e7df4b72a00fdf506f79c7f.1920x1080.jpg

@AutumnV wrote:

I wish Valve would bring Half-Life Alyx to the Quest. I would really like to play it, but
I will never have a computer capable of playing a VR game. They are leaving out a huge number of fans by making it a SteamVR exclusive. It has already been one year since its release, why not spread the game out so it can reach more people.

I will be disappointed if the next Half-Life game is another VR one, if they do not give everyone a chance to actually play it.

Agreed. Keeping Alyx on Steam PCVR really does limit it to the smallest VR audience. But I doubt that Valve will partner up with Oculus in order to port it over to Quest.

Granted, stranger things have happened! Afterall, Quest is getting an RE7 re-make and Oculus has received PlayStationVR Ports, such as Moss and Batman. So who knows!

What makes Alyx a good game is the actual experience, not the graphics. So I am sure it would be well worth it for Valve to lower the graphic demands in order to create a Stand-Alone version.

In fact, Valve is creating their own Stand-Alone HMD. We still need more details around it, but if it has a Stand-Alone platform (non-PC required) then it is highly possible that Valve will create a Stand-Alone version of Alyx. Whether or not that would extend to the Quest platform is another matter though.

Fun to speculate! 😁

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Just a reminder - still 2 days left 😎

Of course all experienced VR enthusiasts have already bought this when it launched, probably a waste of time writing this post, lol

Unavngivet.jpg

@RuneSR2 wrote:

Of course all experienced VR enthusiast have already bought this when it launched

When we consider that VR extends far beyond gaming, we can say that an experienced VR enthusiast may have other more compelling interests. Equating being a VR Enthusiast with Gaming is a false equivalence.

In my case, I have built VR experiences with both WebVR and the Unreal Engine, yet I continue to wait before purchasing Alyx despite having a machine that can run it. I am in no rush to play another VR video game when there is so much more impactful uses for VR right now as it remains a new and exciting emerging technology.