cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon Worlds Release Date in Australia?

Curious.Toy
Protege

Hi there,

do you know when Horizon Worlds will be open to the rest of the world (in particular Australia)?

I have sent my registration request and I am eager to start creating content!

Thanks

Steve

132 REPLIES 132

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah this is just getting annoying now. We obviously aren't getting it in Australia but "oculus" is too scared to just say it. 

"Long live the USA and screw the rest of the world" has always been their attitude.. and looking like it always will be. 

At this point I have given up on them. Only ever use the oculus for bigscreen but certainly haven't been buying anything through their store. 

(They take 50% of the content creators revenue.. like they don't make enough money out of us all already 

5iMONE
Honored Guest

Hello - I would like to download Horizon Worlds but do not have the option in the headset store or the phone app, it is listed as only coming soon. I’m based in Australia - how can I enable this for download? Thanks

Hey @5iMONE! We know how eager it can make us to want to download Horizon Worlds as it rolls out. However, we do want to share, per our blog, that Australia does not have Worlds available yet. 

We know this might not be the answer you were looking for, but it is the best one we are currently able to provide. Please keep an eye on our blog for further updates as Worlds rolls out for everyone! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

taygarrad
Honored Guest

Given Horizon Venues has been discontinued, when will Australian users have access to Horizon Worlds? We have been waiting a considerable time and I am unable to join with my overseas friends which is a real pity. 

So far they only support US, UK, Canada, Ireland, Iceland, France, Spain.

We're probably way down the queue.

(Oculus headsets are officially sold in 23 regions)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

bowman9991
Protege

When will we see Horizon Worlds in Australia? It's been ages. Even Spain and France have it now. Surely its even easier to set up in an English speaking country?

Hey there! We understand the urgency to hop into Horizon Worlds and have it in your region. so we'd love to address this!

As for when it will be released, there isn't really a confirmed time frame so we do suggest keeping an eye on our social channels and Blog. We do also have the availability of posting Ideas in our forums for our engineers to look at. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Considering Meta Connect 2022 will be available within Horizon Worlds, it would be nice if more than only 7 of the 23 countries Meta sells headsets to were welcome in there.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Yes. I just noticed that. Would like to see John Carmack especially! Oh well. Next time hopefully. 😞

Imagine it, they announce they're rolling out like 10 countries at/prior to Meta Connect. That would be ideal situation right there.

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!