cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have Walking Dead Saint & Sinners bought on steam, how can I get it on Oculus crossbuy?

torabora851
Honored Guest

Hi, 

I'm told that Walking Dead Saint & Sinners is a cross buy game, it means that I don't have to pay twice for PC and Quest 2 version. But when I open the Oculus store, there is only "Buy" option.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Cross-buy only works for the Rift and Quest versions. 

Steam has nothing to do with your Quest hmd. 

If you want Saints & Sinners for your Quest hmd, you need to buy the Quest version - full price. Now, if you had bought the Rift version, then the Quest version would have been free. When you chose to support Steam instead of Oculus, you lost the free Quest version. 

Be very careful supporting Steam if you appreciate cross-buy. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Cross-buy only works for the Rift and Quest versions. 

Steam has nothing to do with your Quest hmd. 

If you want Saints & Sinners for your Quest hmd, you need to buy the Quest version - full price. Now, if you had bought the Rift version, then the Quest version would have been free. When you chose to support Steam instead of Oculus, you lost the free Quest version. 

Be very careful supporting Steam if you appreciate cross-buy. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

torabora851
Honored Guest

Got it, thank you! I play to PC version using Virtual Desktop, and this is awesome. I just wanted to compare graphics. Actually, I don't see a reason to pay the double price for downgraded graphics for the quest version.

I think it's a wise choice keeping the PCVR version if you care about graphics. Especially since graphics may already be considered somewhat low using the PC version, also due to the comic book look used by the game 😉

Note that you can also get the PC version in the Rift Store, but the Steam version supports native Oculus drivers and thus provides the exact same performance as the Rift Store version. The Steam version may also support more DLC, but I have not checked if all DLCs are available in both Stores.

Should you ever get a non-Oculus hmd, you may be better off getting the Steam version. The Steam version supports both Oculus and non-Oculus hmds better than the Rift Store version.

I also have the Steam version - because I have both an Oculus and a Valve hmd the Steam version optimally supports both my hmds.

It's not easy buying a game these days 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this, I'm learning more about what Cross buy does and does not cover.

if i buy oculus version saints and sinners will the pcvr version on steam be free as well?

no