cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to install Asgard's Wrath

Xx-Skagen-xX
Explorer
Hello, 

I would like some help regarding the installation of Asgard's Wrath. This game was free with the oculus quest 2 and I tried several time to download and install it. Each time it fails with the same message: Sorry, we couldn't install Asgard's Wrath. Contact the support service of oculus for assistance. 

The support told me to remove all oculus files from my computer (after starting windows in safe mode) and to reinstall Oculus home. This doesn't work, the game still download until 100% and when supposed to be installed, I still have the "install" buton displayed and the notification above written. If I try to reinstall the game, it starts the download again from the begining and etc.

No more help from the Oculus support, I think that reinstalling the Oculus Home software was their only solution and I am against the idea of harassing them.

Maybe someone here had the same problem with this game and I would be very happy to find any help to fix it. 

Thank you for reading my message!

16 REPLIES 16

Katana_301
Honored Guest
Thank you, i got the same problem! I downloaded it THREE times for nothing. Support cant help, gives only mindless tips. 

ewok09
Honored Guest
Bought and paid for . Same issue.......

MrMattJG
Explorer
I'm getting the same thing, where is the fix for this @OculusSupport

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had problems with Asgards wrath also.  Turned out you needed 2 times the install space free on your hard drive.  That's like 250 gigabytes.  Once I freed up the space it installed fine.

jokerOS_2008
Protege
You both understand I hope and I'm not trying to be condescending so dont take it as such. This game has to be installed on PC or Laptop with enough disk space and then played utilizing a link cable. Asgard's Wrath is a PCVR game. It's not made for the Quest. Yes you can play it with a link cable but it was not made to run natively on any Quest headset.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Exactly. You need minimum 80GB of space for the download, and then 140GB for the install. But better use 250GB to be safe. After the install the 80GB download folder is deleted, but you need the 250GB workspace to install.

If you later want to patch the game, you need 140GB free space - because Oculus makes a full copy of the game before patching. Thus make sure you have at least 140GB free on the location containing the game if you later need to patch it. 

You need at least a GTX 1080 or RTX 2060 to play Asgard's Wrath. Better with RTX 2080. And I'm talking real desktop gpus here, not some weak downscaled laptop gpus. Thus don't bring a knife to a gun fight  B)

If you do not have a powerful gaming PC, do not spend time on Asgard's Wrath. 2c.

Btw, I had no problems installing Asgard's Wrath. Right now I'm running the game from my 4TB Samung 860 SSD. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

MrMattJG
Explorer
I have 3 TB of free space in my desktop PC with ample grunt to run other games on High settings in VR. No problems with steam games. Something else is causing the issue for me and I suspect some others, most games need plenty of space so if that's a factor uninstall or upgrade.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

MrMattJG said:

I have 3 TB of free space in my desktop PC with ample grunt to run other games on High settings in VR. No problems with steam games. Something else is causing the issue for me and I suspect some others, most games need plenty of space so if that's a factor uninstall or upgrade.

Btw, Oculus often has focused on disabling anti-virus programs. Not sure if it helps, but I only have Windows Defender running and nothing else. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Wufstyle
Explorer

Heya.. Don't know if you've found the solution.
I had the same problem. Apparently some program was using the install files, which caused the install to fail.
What solved the issue for me, was to run windows in clean boot, and install from there.

Here's a link on how to start in clean boot: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...

It is important that you reactivate the oculus startups on step 1, and on step 3 if there is any there, otherwise the oculus app will not run in clean boot.

Hope this solves your issue aswell. Sad so many of us are having a hard time installing Asgard's Wrath since it's one hell of a game. 🙂