cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to install Asgard's Wrath

Xx-Skagen-xX
Explorer
Hello, 

I would like some help regarding the installation of Asgard's Wrath. This game was free with the oculus quest 2 and I tried several time to download and install it. Each time it fails with the same message: Sorry, we couldn't install Asgard's Wrath. Contact the support service of oculus for assistance. 

The support told me to remove all oculus files from my computer (after starting windows in safe mode) and to reinstall Oculus home. This doesn't work, the game still download until 100% and when supposed to be installed, I still have the "install" buton displayed and the notification above written. If I try to reinstall the game, it starts the download again from the begining and etc.

No more help from the Oculus support, I think that reinstalling the Oculus Home software was their only solution and I am against the idea of harassing them.

Maybe someone here had the same problem with this game and I would be very happy to find any help to fix it. 

Thank you for reading my message!

16 REPLIES 16

Check out the suggestion I made about clean boot. Hopefully it's the fix for you too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 T space and it will not work on my maxed out rig. 3090, 10900k.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Plugged into what? My Pimax 8kx? Where do you plug this "link" cable into?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has NOT been my experience. I have 2 t free space... Does not work. It's something else entirely.

carlsonpd
Explorer

All - I experienced the same issue with the install and having tons of free space. I saw in the Forums for Reddit that turning off all security software, INCLUDING WINDOWS DEFENDER specifically. I did that and the game installed flawlessly. You will see the game go to 100% two times during the install. Not sure why, but after that, it showed ready to play. I hope this helps everyone in the community that is having issues with the install. Best wishes, P. Carlson

JMatrix4life
Honored Guest

I have exactly the same problem a! I tried 6 t installation and it failed at the end every time!!!

Hey there @JMatrix4life! So I see you are having issues with installing Asgard's Wrath. I went ahead and found this thread for you to look into for installation issues. If you have any further question(s), just go ahead and reply on that thread so that support can assist you.

I will also be locking this thread as it's pretty old and the link I added is for a more recent post on the matter.

“There are only four rules you need to remember: make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.” -Leonard Snart.