cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Death " The Afterlife " Update 1.0

Digikid1
Consultant
New update to In Death.  It is now out of early access.  Has a few bugs ( I got killed but my arrow killed someone *after* my death so I got a black screen and had to force quit ) but even with a 1070 the graphics look so much better and "darker and gloomier" in the hallways.  Looks awesome.

You also get a Crossbow.  When you spawn in look to your left and there is a casket.  You can only have one at a time.  However with the crossbow I cannot figure out how to move.....

Ah well....give it a try guys.
128 REPLIES 128

Digikid1
Consultant

Wildt said:

Digikid1 said:

Works EVERY time. Just be sure to get and save your catalyst and mine arrows for him. 

After purg 12 not even a full quiver of cat V will take him down.

Heh. I’ve never made it past purgatory 2 much less 12.  ?

bigmike20vt
Visionary
I bought this yonks ago but still not played it. I take it it is worth a look.
Out of curiosity how is the RTX patch in it? Does it run well in VR with raytracing?
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Epona0000
Protege
Just bought this today and seems like fun.. love the bow! i'm a very low level player though lol

CrashFu
Consultant

Epona0000 said:

Just bought this today and seems like fun.. love the bow! i'm a very low level player though lol

The best thing about Roguelikes is that EVERYONE starts out a "very low level player".  The satisfaction comes from watching yourself get better as you continue to play, and before long you'll look back and laugh at how short your runs used to be  :smiley:
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
One thing that's really pissing me off just now is the amount of times I'm accidentally brushing the Oculus button and bringing up the Home screen - usually just as I turn a corner to face a dozen enemies.

*btw - is it possible to change bolts types with the crossbow? I've tried all the buttons and none seem to work.
Seems really daft, having to use up all the special bolts first, once they have been acquired.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Digikid1
Consultant

Brixmis said:

One thing that's really pissing me off just now is the amount of times I'm accidentally brushing the Oculus button and bringing up the Home screen - usually just as I turn a corner to face a dozen enemies.

*btw - is it possible to change bolts types with the crossbow? I've tried all the buttons and none seem to work.
Seems really daft, having to use up all the special bolts first, once they have been acquired.

Go into your settings and change the button settings so that it will only do that if you long hold the button. 

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Hmm - posted a reply to this but it has disappeared.

Wasn't aware of that setting - thanks 🙂

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
See, this is what I don't get now - I got further than I had before in that this time I was within a tiny bar bit of killing Anakim by taking you guy's advice and spamming him with blow-uppy arrows, but the monks still managed to kill me - it was close, mind, but I just ignored them and concentrated on trying to get him down - from about 10ft away - and yet my score was only 30,000 and I stayed where I was on the leaderboard.

I understand that I've stepped up in difficulty and that's fine, as I've improved markedly since I started - but do we get less points in addition to that? A double whammy does seem a bit harsh. I was sorely tempted to reset my game, but thought that would be just wussing out.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I've uninstalled this game now - though I really didn't want to.

About a week ago, everything suddenly "clicked" and I started being very accurate with the bow. I was amazed at the shots I was pulling off, and getting past Anakim The Abomnable every time.

Yesterday, I got to the far church spire in Paradise Lost. I had killed everything up to that point, but was just unable to make the jump to the floating church. I had surpassed my target of 50,000 points - was at just over 55,000 - so I was really happy. However, the longer I stayed in that part of the game and was unable to get across to the next part, the more uncomfortable I felt. I always get very warm when I play this game - no idea why, but this time I was pouring sweat and the mask padding was drenched - I kept taking it off for half a minute and trying again, but things just got worse until I felt I was going to throw up. I binned it then - losing the points etc, which was very disappointing, but no choice, really. Had I been able to continue, I would probably have got to the end of the round and been able to save, but it was pointless torturing myself if I couldn't even make the jump to the next island.

So I decided to uninstall it - at aleast for a while. In the meantime I will have to find out why I couldn't make that jump.
I felt very sick until I went to bed, some 7-8 hours later.